MFP Nutrition page values

Options
Does anyone perhaps know how the values on the Nutrition page is derived?
If compared to a Keto calculator there is quite a discrepancy.
Amy ideas are welcome
I've had good success with my low carb high protein diet to the tune of managing to keep 33kg off for over 3 years! In Australia I followed the Tony Ferguson diet initially but had to sink or swim when they had no idea about maintainable diets.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Ironman I have noticed the same but do not where the figures came from either. Keto info is kind of all over the board I find and just play with the info that I come to trust at a personal level.

To keep 33 kg off for three years indicates to me you have mastered a plan that works for you. :)
  • Ironman162
    Ironman162 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response GaleHawkins it's good to know you also found it similar.
    You are spot on there, the secret of weight loss is to find what works for you and it's not a cheap venture that's for sure!
    I must admit my weight is up and down a bit, but never more than 1 kilo each way. As you can imagine, I am extremely careful with my diet.
    It's not much fun and I was a lot happier when I was 33 kg heavier but such is life hey - the things we do in the name of health!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Hi Ironman - another Aussie here (Perth suburbs) and I hung around on the Tony Ferguson forum for a couple of years about 5? years ago too. It's a small world as they say.

Congratulations on that 33kgs, that's a fantastic effort to have shifted, and even moreso to have kept it off!

You can modify your goals in your diary so that they match what *you* want to achieve, have you come across that yet? If not I can tell you a script/web browser add-on that will make them more customisable than the 5% increments already there karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/

When you modify your goals in home/goals/change goals/custom after installing the script, click 'save'. It will tell you it can't do it or some similar non-helpful message, but it actually *has* done it.
  • Ironman162
    Ironman162 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much GrannyMayOz! It's much appreciated. I may have to fire up my laptop as the mobile app don't seem to have full access but will try.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Just know what your goal numbers are and keep an eye on them. I've had MFP reset my goals to their recommended by updating my profile and other settings. MFP is tricksy. I'm surprised they don't mail us free supplies of whole wheat bread every week.
  • billliversidge3
    billliversidge3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well Done Ironman162 - grand result - I have been on this LCHF for 9 months and lost 25 Kg (but another 20 kg to go). These nutritional values will vary, especially where different conditions exist - an egg from a proper ranging chicken will vary to a "not so free-range" egg to a factory chicken egg - another example I recall was a study that showed a home grown carrot had 4 times the vit A, compared to a "shop carrot" - :-)
    - Clearly you have worked out what works for you - my approach is just to go with the numbers and not stress too much !