Squishy keto foods please!

Options
I am having dental work done tomorrow that includes but is not limited to, having a tooth pulled. I am entirely freaked out already. Anyway, solid food is out for probably a couple days. Any good squishy keto friendly foods that are not cream cheese? (It can have cream cheese, but I can't do just straight cream cheese). I have some broth and some sugar free jello....

Replies

• tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This is what I fueled with when I had gum surgery. Plenty of fat and protein, and the cold really helped relieve the mouth pain:

The Original Caroline's Low Carb Shake
    1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
    1/4 cup 4% small curd cottage cheese
    1/4 cup egg substitute
    1/4 cup water
    1 scoop protein powder (I use Trader Joe's vanilla soy)
    Sweetener & flavoring to taste (I use SF syrups for this...orange and french vanilla tastes like a Dreamscicle)

Blend all ingredients thoroughly then add 4-6 ice cubes, depending on how "milkshakey" you want it to be, and blend for a bit longer. Macros will vary depending on what you use for flavoring, but it is a little bit on the carbier side. It will, however, keep you feeling satiated for quite a long time.

Good luck w/ your procedure(s) and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    avocado is squishy...
    do you like HWC on your SF jello? Its pretty tasty.
    you could mix some dry sf jello with mascarpone.
    make a keto ice cream out of coconut cream.
    nut butters are squishy, but stick to everything...maybe not the best choice...lol
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs are kinda squishy if you don't cook them too long. Then they are bouncy.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the shake recipe @tru2one‌ and the good thoughts!

@nill4me‌ Hopefully my avocados will be ripe tomorrow, they are almost there. And scrambled eggs are a good idea....with butter and a little hwc to keep them softer.

So not looking forward to this, but it's better than the abcess it is now!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I am having dental work done tomorrow that includes but is not limited to, having a tooth pulled. I am entirely freaked out already. Anyway, solid food is out for probably a couple days. Any good squishy keto friendly foods that are not cream cheese? (It can have cream cheese, but I can't do just straight cream cheese). I have some broth and some sugar free jello....

I had a temporary crown put in a month ago. The dentist had a oooops! moment and ran the grinder into the floor of my mouth....OUCH! My mouth was numbed at the time, but as soon as it wore off, I was in pain. So, I thought, OK, today is a good day to do a water fast....then proceeded to loose some weight...

Lets make lemonade out of those lemons...

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with lots of butter!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What about cheesy cauliflower mash?
    Well cooked vegetables with cheese sauce, sour cream or melted butter.
    Cheese.
    Cream.
    Sour cream.
    Coconut milk.
    Butter.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I posted a jello bomb recipe on the recipe thread. it tastes like yummy creamy custard and is awesome. shoot me a message if you can't find it.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    @IamUndrCnstruction I hope the dental work went well and that your healing is speedy!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    Well, I went, and they did some work on the tooth but didn't have to extract it. I was so happy about this. Then today at work it was kind of bothering me so I tried to check it a little with my finger and the whole damn molar (crown over root canal) broke right off. So...going to be making a few of these recipes, as the soonest I can get to the oral surgeons is March 9th.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Go get that crown fixed ASAP, or you'll have to have a root canal. At this point, it could have just been a matter of glue that didn't set. I had one tooth this happened to, and I ended up in huge amounts of pain and had to pay for additional services because I didn't get it handled appropriately immediately! Kudos on not needing the major work done.
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    This tooth already had a root canal and crown done 20 years ago. So thankfully I am not in way too much pain as the nerve in that tooth is gone. I am upset though because I told them it needed to be pulled and they said no, they could save it. Now it broke off and the rest will have to be removed by the oral surgeon. Oh well...it'll get done.