Fitbit flex accuracy?

Options
those of you that have had one for awhile, do you notice a lot of problems with the step accuracy? I just got mine today and it's showing like 300+ steps for me when I was a passenger in a car?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Known problem - you can log activity over that time of - "driving a car" or truck, to wipe out the steps and give the normal calorie burn.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you're a sticker for accuracy you can do what heybales says. I don't bother, and I lost the weight and have maintained just fine. Meaning my Fitbit burn equals my TDEE (aka my maintenance calories).

It'll take trial & error to find what works for you.
  • dbvirago
    dbvirago Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just got mine today and logged a couple hundred steps sitting in my chair. I'll have to wait a few days and understand some of the quirks, but I've only had it for an hour. If the daily goal is 2,000 steps and I'm logging 10% of that an hour sitting in a chair, I'm a little skeptical of its value. Once I actually do some serious walking, I'll now more.
  • dbvirago
    Options
    Well, here's a problem. My stride length is 0. That might splain it.
  • MLi22y
    Options
    I was really wanting to get a Charge HR for the continuous heart rate... Mine gets kinda low sometimes... but I can't really afford that right now. But I was also interested in the sleep tracking because my doctor thinks I may have sleep apnea. She wanted me to do a sleep study for $99 but then I was thinking even if I do have sleep apnea I wouldn't be able to get the machine you have to sleep with... So I decided to spend the $99 on this instead. Last night I tapped it fast for a couple seconds to put it on sleep mode and it flashed so I thought it worked but it didn't... then I read this morning that two lights light up and then they all flash? When I did it last night one lit up and then they all flashed.. what does that mean?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    dbvirago wrote: »
    Well, here's a problem. My stride length is 0. That might splain it.

No - that means default setting.

If it literally was 0, you'd have no distance showing on Fitbit ever.
  • dbvirago
    Options
    Got it. Also realized I had it set to non-dominant when it's on my dominant wrist. Can't figure out a way to make it sit on the other wrist comfortably with my watch.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    When you tap the Flex once, the lights show your goal progress—one light for every 20%. To put mine into & out of sleep mode, I tap two set of triplets really fast: 1-2-3, 1-2-3. (It should vibrate.)

Even easier: open the Fitbit app. Tap the sleep palette (it has a crescent moon), then the + at top right. Tap "Begin Sleep Now." In the morning, open the app & tap "I'm awake!"
  • MLi22y
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    When you tap the Flex once, the lights show your goal progress—one light for every 20%. To put mine into & out of sleep mode, I tap two set of triplets really fast: 1-2-3, 1-2-3. (It should vibrate.)

Even easier: open the Fitbit app. Tap the sleep palette (it has a crescent moon), then the + at top right. Tap "Begin Sleep Now." In the morning, open the app & tap "I'm awake!"

I'll try that, thanks!