"FAT" Hot Cocoa for Cold Nights- new Flavored Stevias for coffee too!

Options
This should appeal to those who love coffee+butter for Keto diet, AND those looking for low carb hot cocoa. With the new liquid Stevias anything is possible. From vanilla, almond and peppermint there is also orange, lemon, chocolate and caramel cream. +more

For a hot drink to add fats to your daily goal use :
1. unsweetened Almond Milk- 30 cal. a cup,
2. add 1-3 TBL of grass-fed butter- heat- in microwave or stovetop.
3. Nestle Fat Free Milk Chocolate cocoa -20 calories - 4 carbs, 4 sugar, 1 protein for 2 TBL .
I find this mixes easily. Or try plain, real unsweet cocoa powder (bitter), add to hot drink and stir like crazy, add sweetener.
4. add 5+ drops flavored stevia (5 drops=1 serving) make as sweet as you like.

If you skip the Nestle cocoa you can create flavored hot and cold drinks with the Stevia alone.

Almond milk, unsweetened, is magical in it's ability to use for (kale) smoothies, a flavored cold drink, it can carry the 'fats' you want, and is perfect as a morning hot drink for non-coffee drinkers. A Milk 1/2 gal refrigerated-price ranges from $2.50 to $.4+ stores a long time in fridge, or buy in tetra pack for longer storage.

Stevia as liquid is expensive- in a HFS here it was $11.79 for 1.8 oz. brand: CAL Pure Stevia, (300+ servings) read the online reviews on different brands before buying.

As soon as MARSHMALLOW flavor Stevia comes out I will be in heaven!

Replies

• mebeep
    mebeep Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    (*)
    This should appeal to those who love coffee+butter for Keto diet, AND those looking for low carb hot cocoa. With the new liquid Stevias anything is possible. From vanilla, almond and peppermint there is also orange, lemon, chocolate and caramel cream. +more

For a hot drink to add fats to your daily goal use :
    1. unsweetened Almond Milk- 30 cal. a cup,
    2. add 1-3 TBL of grass-fed butter- heat- in microwave or stovetop.
    3. Nestle Fat Free Milk Chocolate cocoa -20 calories - 4 carbs, 4 sugar, 1 protein for 2 TBL .
    I find this mixes easily. Or try plain, real unsweet cocoa powder (bitter), add to hot drink and stir like crazy, add sweetener.
    4. add 5+ drops flavored stevia (5 drops=1 serving) make as sweet as you like.

If you skip the Nestle cocoa you can create flavored hot and cold drinks with the Stevia alone.

Almond milk, unsweetened, is magical in it's ability to use for (kale) smoothies, a flavored cold drink, it can carry the 'fats' you want, and is perfect as a morning hot drink for non-coffee drinkers. A Milk 1/2 gal refrigerated-price ranges from $2.50 to $.4+ stores a long time in fridge, or buy in tetra pack for longer storage.

Stevia as liquid is expensive- in a HFS here it was $11.79 for 1.8 oz. brand: CAL Pure Stevia, (300+ servings) read the online reviews on different brands before buying.

As soon as MARSHMALLOW flavor Stevia comes out I will be in heaven!
    (*)
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds amazing. I will have to see if I can get it off the internet as most of what you said seems to be American. Thanks for sharing :D