Weekly Post 22/02/ - 28/02/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Wow, already the last week of February!

Weightloss wise, I'm still in maintainance mode instead of in losing mode... The Christmas weight is gone, but I'm still 1kg away from my lowest low from last fall and 3-4kg from my goal.

Exercise wise I had a very good week. Two good runs, a long brisk walk, an easy swim, four ab sessions with Jillian Michaels, a few sessions on my rebounder and a horse back ride, where the horse turned on a dime and galopped away...not fun, but I stayed in the saddle, got my legs back in the stirrups and took over the lead again....uff, close call.

The ab sessions are showing results already. Though the scale hasn't really moved downwards, my waist measurements have. Just 2cm, but I've only just started, so I am very happy with that

How are you doing with the goals you set yourself?

Replies

• lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    lordy flumi, sounds like you live in an action movie. I'm doing well and 7lbs away from my goal ( don't know how many kgs that is) and loving this new life style.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Lulu - my work weeks vary alot. When working about 6h daily there is always room for a good workout. In other weeks my hours are much longer and I tend to have less energy and motivation. I rolled with the flow and the sun this week
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow being Monday is my weigh in day. I'm expecting a gain. I feel rather bloated tonight (quite possibly due to the scones with jam and cream in had this arvo)
    But also due to doing bugger all exercise this last week
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow being Monday is my weigh in day. I'm expecting a gain. I feel rather bloated tonight (quite possibly due to the scones with jam and cream in had this arvo)
    But also due to doing bugger all exercise this last week

Sometimes a little treat goes a long way. I too weight in tomorrow and this weekend has been a feast out one with anything not nailed down eaten, will wait to see what that reading says then fingers crossed it will be the same with no gain.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »

Exercise wise I had a very good week. Two good runs, a long brisk walk, an easy swim, four ab sessions with Jillian Michaels, a few sessions on my rebounder and a horse back ride, where the horse turned on a dime and galopped away...not fun, but I stayed in the saddle, got my legs back in the stirrups and took over the lead again....uff, close call.

The ab sessions are showing results already. Though the scale hasn't really moved downwards, my waist measurements have. Just 2cm, but I've only just started, so I am very happy with that

How are you doing with the goals you set yourself?

Man @flumi_f‌ it makes me hurt just reading all that! This last week we cut out yeast and I was making flat bread for the family (all 8 of us) and rolling out all that bread was the extent of my workout, but I could really feel it in my arms and tummy.

And you know what @flumi_f‌ with all that working out and ad work I bet your building some serious muscle!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Bet the flat bread was yummy! You could also make soda bread, it's yeast free and very easy. And I've been making my own protein bread (lots of eggs, seeds and almonds), but that is something not all people like (I do). It's yeast free and almost gluten free.

Actually @snaps27, after my third go with Jillian's Abs workout last week the muscle pains went away. Now I feel my calves from running two days in a row. My calf muscles tend to tighten up very quickly. What helps best is walking and more exercise....so that's what I did today :p ;-)
    90min walking with the horses
    35 min on the rebounder (kickboxing/abs + warm up for runners)
    35 min Jillian's 6week 6 Pk
    plus some stretching and foam rolling for my calves

My genes have already given me lots of muscles. My weakest parts are abs and lower back, so if they get stronger, it's for the better. Arms and legs are, let's say, some men would love to have my muscle definition. Not very feminine, but they carry me well uphill :)

Now I have about 5-6 weeks, that will be very busy at work, so there won't be quite as many long workouts.
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Great start to the week ladies!

Flum-nice work on all the activity. I too have maintained my weight for yet another week.

Lulu- 7 lbs from goal are you serious??? That's amazing!

Karen-scones with jam? Yum! Let us know how it goes!

Julie-good luck with weigh-in. Maybe you'll get a happy surprise?

Snaps-how was you weekend?

So Fridays weigh-in was the same again, although I felt a little lighter hahaha....trying to stay positive. My slow but steady 20 week sprint Tri training starts tomorrow so finally I'll have exercise to report.
    I'm getting over another head-cold and why does that make me want to eat? I can't taste anything.

Garmin's charging and I'm officially watching my steps starting tomorrow. Cheers to a good week :D
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    @chiccam in Australia we make scones and serve them with strawberry jam and whipped cream (real cream with a smidge of sugar whipped up) http://m.aww.com.au/food/recipes/2011/4/scones-with-jam-and-cream/
    Very good but not entirely healthy
  • snaps27
    Options
    chiccam wrote: »

Had a great time with the kids...3i3pihmhyrqb.jpg

Cold but beautiful. And I've been doing a lot of thinking this weekend and I have discovered that my emotions are grounded in guilt. Guilt about leaving my mum and dad and sisters and moving so far away when I got married. But I've realised that I need to get rid of this guilt because it is stopping me enjoying my life here, my husband and kids deserve all of me...not part of me with the other part locked in my head. It won't be easy but I deserve it. I left over 11 years ago...time to let go and be happy.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yep, guilt carries a lot of weight. I'm in the same boat somewhat. The holidays were more emotional for me this year, 2nd without wife/kids, and my diet was the first casualty. I'm slowly getting back on track, 3 fasts last week, but too many cals on non-fast days.

Hope you find that balance.

Nice pic, I think it's a good candidate for the banner. I'll have to crop the kite, i'll play with it some.

Update: It came out pretty good...as the banner:
    l1rqb84s5oit.jpg
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!! quiet weekend at home. Snowed all day on Saturday and was nice to stay home with the husband and daughter. We watched some movies. Yesterday I put some chicken in the crock pot and let it sit all day. It pulled RIGHT apart. YUM! I'm starting my AIP diet (as of yesterday) and I'm a little intimidated because it's just not a lot of food.. but I have to do it!

As far as exercise, I just haven't been! It's been -15 degrees by the time I get off work and by the time I get home, I don't want to leave again. It's a horrid excuse, but it's just too cold for me to out and about!
  • snaps27
    Options
    orlcam wrote: »
    It came out pretty good...as the banner:

Oh @orlcam, I'm so honoured! Thanks :)
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    oh and JKnight, the thyroid is .. okay. I was taken off my meds for a week due to a reaction to them, and now we are slowly reintroducing them to see if I have the same reaction. I was upset to go off the meds, but the chest pain/tightness wasn't feeling good either.

(i don't get on on the weekends, so i didn't see your post in the other thread until today!)
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yay love the new banner!

Feel like I need a self-progress check-in as it's almost two complete months into the new year!-

Definitely been spinning my wheels since I haven't stuck to the basics of getting my fast days in and not monitoring my TDEE/non-fast days- however, I don't feel defeated or that I've failed. I can still look back at the last few weeks and think "Wow, I've 'maintained'"- "maintained" in that I have been all over the same 10 pounds cycle, but that I haven't touched the other solid 40 pounds I've lost and haven't seen again. That would have seemed impossible before this diet. I never thought I could maintain without any "effort" like this. I guess even though I haven't been having "official" fast days or regular fast days, I have cut it back on some days to where it's helping to even me out.

I shouldn't make my progress update about weight only, and should focus on the HABITS I need to get back into, but I still think it's amazing to zoom out and see that even if it feels like I'm up and down all the time now (because I've been inconsistent and overeating), I'm still so far from where I've come mentally and physically!!!

okc9r0oq3u3t.png

Today is the start of my week 29 and I weighed in at 294.6 (295 has soooo been my number/average since the holidays) up 6.8 from my lowest. I am just under 45 pounds lost. My goal is still 100 pounds by my 30th b-day October 8th (33 weeks left).

Mentally- I still have been leaning towards overeating on my non-fast days. This weekend I avoided the fast food and actually went to the grocery store (this is big for me lol), but still ate way more than I needed to because I wanted to feel full. I need to explore more on why I feel almost out of control of my hunger on non-fast days- I KNOW it's mental and that I must be trying to satisfy/block out something even though it's not to the extreme it used to be.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Love the banner!

@snaps27 - seems like the kite is a great analogy for you. You are going forward in leaps and bounds!! What great revelations you are experiencing!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    chiccam wrote: »

And I've been doing a lot of thinking this weekend and I have discovered that my emotions are grounded in guilt. Guilt about leaving my mum and dad and sisters and moving so far away when I got married. But I've realised that I need to get rid of this guilt because it is stopping me enjoying my life here, my husband and kids deserve all of me...not part of me with the other part locked in my head. It won't be easy but I deserve it. I left over 11 years ago...time to let go and be happy.

Good news is that you are admitting the guilt to yourself. Many people go their whole life thinking the problem is the food, or the alcohol or someone else and never get to the deeper emotions to help themselves heal. Freedom is ahead of you, dear one!
  • jknight001
    Options
    @orlcam - love the new banner too. What a great symbol for all of us. Good catch!
  • jknight001
    Options
    bburg86 wrote: »
    oh and JKnight, the thyroid is .. okay. I was taken off my meds for a week due to a reaction to them, and now we are slowly reintroducing them to see if I have the same reaction. I was upset to go off the meds, but the chest pain/tightness wasn't feeling good either.

(i don't get on on the weekends, so i didn't see your post in the other thread until today!)

I would think it might take some time to figure out how much thyroid is good for you. Hang in there. They will get the medication right in time.

• jknight001
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Mentally- I still have been leaning towards overeating on my non-fast days. This weekend I avoided the fast food and actually went to the grocery store (this is big for me lol), but still ate way more than I needed to because I wanted to feel full. I need to explore more on why I feel almost out of control of my hunger on non-fast days- I KNOW it's mental and that I must be trying to satisfy/block out something even though it's not to the extreme it used to be.

So glad you posted! Been missing your smiling face.

Have you had an opportunity to write about what is going on mentally? Writing is a great way to discover what is going on inside because it is slower than thinking and, thus, can keep us from zooming past tiny, yet, important details. Just a thought...

• flumi_f
    Options
    Awesome progress Carbi!!