Motivation

Options
coosmic
coosmic Posts: 16 Member
What do you do to keep motivated?
I have a screensaver on my computer, reminding me of my goal, how far I have come so far and also with a picture of me when I was that weight.
It helps, but I need more motivators.

Replies

• lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like to read success stories and that gets me motivated every time. I feel encouraged when I see they have made their goal after a lot of hard work.
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm motivated by accountability and success; my own and others. I'm hoping to develop a group of online friends to share our struggles and accomplishments. Long gone are the days when I could crash off 10+ pounds in a couple of weeks. Now I'm totally on target but losing one pound a week. I need some contact with others to stay on track and not give up.
  • coosmic
    Options
    Need extra motivation this week. I fell while skiing and hurt my ankle so I have to stay off it for a week. Or so the Dr says, we will see. Drove me crazy last year when I broke the other ankle and my weight sky rocketed.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Make note of non-scale victories: a complement, fitting back into a different pair of jeans, hitting a new goal running or walking, etc.
  • coosmic
    Options
    Make note of non-scale victories: a complement, fitting back into a different pair of jeans, hitting a new goal running or walking, etc.

Love that idea. May even post-it note them to my incentive board.

• sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I put up a chart with poster paper for the month and log my progress daily so its visible. Also come on here to read about how others are doing. Helps keep me in the game. Like fishyK above I cannot lose the weight fast any more and its really hard to stay motivated for the time it takes!
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I put up a chart with poster paper for the month and log my progress daily so its visible. Also come on here to read about how others are doing. Helps keep me in the game. Like fishyK above I cannot lose the weight fast any more and its really hard to stay motivated for the time it takes!

I need to remember that this is cumulative! I wrote what sharebear2012 references three weeks ago, and I've lost 3 more pounds. Six weeks, 6 pounds. That's enough for me to feel a difference even if it's not visible to others. Just keep turtle-ing along.
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you are getting success FishyK! Two pounds a week is pretty good rate of loss. I am down total 7.2 pounds, started January 1st. I can feel a difference but I need 15 off in total. I went bathing suit shopping yesterday as I am going on a vacation where I must have suit. That convinced me I better stay the course and lose the rest before summer! Glad my chart helped motivate you! I bought my husband a fit bit for his birthday and it is helping a lot with his motivation for exercise. Most people aim for 10,000 steps a day. Keep at it!
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think bathing suit shopping would be a good motivator!