Do I log activity here or on Fitbit?

Options
Sorry, this has probably been answered. I tried doing a search about recording activity and get all the main discussion boards as well.

I went to yoga yesterday, logged it on MFP - the start time and then that I did it for 1 hour. I am just not sure if I record it here or on Fitbit or if it doesn't really matter.

Thank you.

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    The general consensus is to log all food on MFP and all activity on FitBit.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    No need to log step-based activity, since Fitbit is tracking it for you. Non-step exercise can be logged either in Fitbit or in MFP—never both.

Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your Fitbit burn during that time, so I only log in Fitbit.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    When you sync the two together, there is a window that comes up and says that you need to log all activity on MFP (aside from whatever FITBIT sends across)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    When you sync the two together, there is a window that comes up and says that you need to log all activity on MFP (aside from whatever FITBIT sends across)

That's MFP's "serving suggestion." (They want page views for their advertising.) Water & aggregate food data only sync from MFP to Fitbit. Exercise syncs both ways.

I log exercise only in Fitbit, and I lost the weight & have maintained for 7 months. Meaning my Fitbit burn = TDEE (total daily energy expenditure).
  • Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have a charge so I do other forms of exercise (no I don't count step activity - just when I think my heartbeat will be up) and dammit I am counting my cleaning today - 5 hours on the go :)