New book on WLS and Personal Change

Options
rpyle111
rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
DISCLAIMER: This book was written by my mother (who had Rny about 5 years ago), and as such I have some interest in it succeeding. If anyone feels this is inappropriate, please let me know and ignore it!! Moderators, let me know if you think it is inappropriate to post here and I will remove the topic.

Rob

My mother has written a book centering on her WLS journey and her professional work with organizational and personal change management. I haven't read it yet, but she is very excited now that it has made it to print. Here is a link to the foreword (written by her surgeon) and part of the introduction (which is excerpted on Amazon as well):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MRHWKNE/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb

If anyone here reads it, let me know waht you think and I will pass the comments on to her.

Rob

Replies

• tpyle65
    tpyle65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Rob. :smile:
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just read the forward, Dr. Kane was my surgeon too! So I had to order this on kindle... you're already an effective salesman.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Rob: I am not tech savvy, I have a Kobo can I still order from Kindle. Does it work the same way?
  • rpyle111
    Options
    Rob: I am not tech savvy, I have a Kobo can I still order from Kindle. Does it work the same way?

From a quick web search, it looks like the Kobo cannot read Kindle files without a conversion to ePub format. There appear to be converters available, but I a. Not sure if they cost or are easy to use.

Rob
  • asia1967
    Options
    Thanks Rob, I might have to resort to a hard copy. Appreciate the info.
  • rpyle111
    Options
    Bumping an old thread about a book my mother wrote dealing with WLS and change management.

I am seeing a lot more threads recently about old habits creeping back in, and the bulk of my mother's book is about creating personal change. It comes from her career in organizational development, and she applies the change management strategies developed there to how she approached her decision and process to have RnY surgery about 6 years ago.

Again, a disclaimer: this is a book written by my mother and I would love to see it succeed. That being said, I find it has very useful tools to create real and lasting change in your life.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MRHWKNE/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb

Rob
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks - it's in my Amazon wish list. I just purchased 2 other books so once I get through those I will be looking for another to read post surgery. Best of luck to your mom.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I just bought the book on kindle. Ready to read it! Thank you for sharing!
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I got my copy!
  • asia1967
    Options
    Hey Rob, FYI you can get a Kindle app for your tablet, or phone and read the book that way if you don't have a kindle. Buying mine today! :)) Doing the happy dance!!!
  • idalooses
    idalooses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    just ordered my copy from Amazon.... thanks for sharing as i can see it will be a very informative read for me!!!