Saying Hi to other 60's...

Options
2»

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    WELCOME, ladies. This group has smart, well -informed and helpful members. They are one of the cornerstones of my fitness regimen.
  • Bettikins52
    Bettikins52 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The longer I am on MFP the more benefits I have found with this app. For example I have just discovered that my weight is being kept historically.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Not only weight. Anything you want to save and can quantify. If you don't do body measurements, try it, too. It is fun to track the disappearing inches, too! Or you can track steps, minutes you exercise to see improvement, etc. Great motivator.
  • Irishgirl912
    Irishgirl912 Posts: 5 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've been on MFP before but fell off the wagon. Trying again but this is the first time I am joining a group. Read all the posts and liked what was said. I can use all the support I can get.:)
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hello to Irish girl and Bennie :) I was on MFP last year dropped off and gained all I lost AND more! I am going to be starting a new program and I will not quit this time until the weight is gone!! I am determined, I will be glad to help anyone along that I can. There are some really great and successful ladies here! <3
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome Irish - feel free to also add me as a friend if you would.

How do you send a friend request to someone else? I would be glad to do but so far only have MFP friends that sent request to me. LOL - thanks for help - I must be skipping some basic info.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Irishgirl! ~ Kathy in Worcester, MA
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    mangotango wrote: »
    How do you send a friend request to someone else? I would be glad to do but so far only have MFP friends that sent request to me. LOL - thanks for help - I must be skipping some basic info.

You click on their name, under their icon, new page opens, click on "add as friend" near top of page. It helps to send a wee message along, with it, just to let them know why for instance, or a small bit about you

• mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Thanks for the help Faraway and Sharon! I feel better now - so many were nice enough to friend me & I wanted to "pass it on" and do my part.

Marie

• Nancybenjam
    Nancybenjam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm new to this group this week and find it refreshing and encouraging! I am hoping to lose 30 pounds and find the MFP app to be very helpful. Love that everyone is so supportive, positive, and encouraging!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Nancy! This is indeed a great group. Glad you found us! ~ Kathy
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Big welcome to the newbies. Always room for more in our circle of friends here.
  • not2old2move
    not2old2move Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newbies! I am pretty new myself and really like this group. I think the smaller ones are friendlier and easier to keep track of everyone. I will be happy to accept friend requests also. We all need all the support and help we can get. I think it helps to journalize our food and exercise. I have not been doing too good the last 5 days and am feeling it!! Got to get back on track tomorrow for sure.
  • Nancybenjam
    Nancybenjam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, happy to be here!
  • Irishgirl912
    Irishgirl912 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all.....wishing a good day for all.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Nancy, you are most welcome. This is a terrific group.