• cherylmellan
    cherylmellan Posts: 35 Member
    Worth reading
  • wiredkell
    wiredkell Posts: 690 Member
    This is great! Thanks for sharing :)
  • lightinfl
    lightinfl Posts: 229 Member
    good read, which I needed right now. Life/work has been really busy and I am definitely off track. Sorry to have missed the postings and weigh ins lately... am missing the exercise, too. Definitely need to get back on track...
    thanks
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,341 Member
    Thank you!!! I feel so discombobulated this week. I did some pre-prep on Saturday, failed to finish on Sunday and now I'm not really ready for the day. Organization, preparation is key. Thanks for the reminder.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,972 Member
    Thanks, Cheryl. Number 3 (accountability) is especially important for me. Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's work stress, maybe it's worry about Mom's outcome, maybe it's all of these, or maybe it's none of these--but I'm finding myself getting into kind of a low-level angry frame of mind, and when i do this, my ratty little mind looks for reasons outside myself for why I'm not getting to where I want to be. I hate admitting this, but I know I have to acknowledge it in order to change it.

We went to two events this weekend where there was food I'm normally not around--an anniversary celebration Friday night and a charity event Saturday afternoon. Friday was dessert and coffee--and I had only coffee. Saturday there was a vast array of food--sandwiches, pasta salads, chips, nuts, desserts, and so forth-- and I had three cashew nuts, two chocolate covered almonds, and water. (I ate a healthy lunch before we left.)

But my anger at the rising scale has all but obliterated any pride I should feel at being able to focus on the events and not the food. And I'm letting that disappointment affect other days. So today I need to hold myself accountable for realizing that it's not Friday or Saturday--it's Monday, and I need to focus on what I can accomplish between now and midnight. At midnight, my BodyMedia turns everything back to zero.
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,128 Member
    Good read. Thanks Cheryl. I'm getting back on track from being on vacation, so it was timely for me. And, I'm blue because the weather here is grey and snowy. I know you've all had plenty of that this winter, so I can't complain too much.

I was pretty good on vacay, although I did imbibe and eat great food. However, we were quite active: walking, hiking, snorkeling, swimming, and playing golf. And, we only ate one "heavy" meal per day, having light breakfasts and lunches. I couldn't wear my FitBit all the time . . I was in and out of water and left it off completely a couple days. We'll see. Weighing in later today.

Sarah, I've been thinking about you and your mother. I hope she's doing better.

Cheryl, you're putting up some great numbers on the FitBit boards, and consistent weight loss!! You're on your way to your beloved boat! I'm so glad for you :)

Lois, you're the queen of organization . . I know I do so much better if I have my meals planned and prepped ahead. This week, I'm scrambling to get back on track with that.

Kelly, HURRAY for you getting the Charge HR!! I love mine, and I can't wait to see what you think of it after you get used to it. The Surge is too big, and after watching some YouTube videos about the different FitBits, I think the Charge HR is a great choice. My only complaint is that it does need to have the battery charged up more frequently . . mine only goes about 4 days, it seems.

Light, where are you? I saw your post from about a week ago . . hope all is well with you.