Options

Replies

• kdhith
    kdhith Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal. Please add me!
  • zorks4ever
    Options
    @H3809‌: Try eating more calories. I know it sounds counterproductive, but your body is getting used to taking in less calories, so it will burn less calories. You have to keep your metabolism up by eating your goal every day. Try kicking in a few more calories for a day or two and then scaling back for a day or two.
  • spt120
    spt120 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I need to lose a solid 30 lbs and would like to do it before July 4th! I am finding that being over 40 now, weight loss is SO much more difficult so I need all the support I can get!
  • AspenHarrison
    AspenHarrison Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge! I'm 38, 5 children, short, over my BMI suggested weight range, SAHM, low energy...low motivation! Medication last year caused me to gain 50 lbs in less than 1 year!! Anyone, everyone, please feel free to add me as friend so we can motivate each other. I like to do DVD's at home, use the treadmill, have a gym membership, and swim during the summer. Live in NC.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have a LOT to lose, but I would love to lose 30 by bathing suit season!! Add me if you want!!!
  • dragonfly2127
    Options
    I'm 46 and a country wife. I always gain weight in the winter since my work load is much lighter, and can't lose all of it by the summer. I'm on day 5 of this program and need some help. I can most of the veggies and fruit we grow, of course there are no nutritional facts on home canned foods, but I'm doing good comparing them to Green Giant or Delmonty.
    My biggest problem is the calorie intake. Every day so far I've been under by 200-400 calories. I'm also having issues not going a few grams over the 45g I'm allowed. Everything has sugar in it. HELP.
  • misty75me
    misty75me Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im 39 and will turn 40 this summer. I was doing really good with weight training last year but around October everything kind of starting falling in on me and stress wiped out my motivation for everything so I gained back a lot that I had worked off. I started back again here recently. My goal is to get as fit and toned as possible before I hit 40. I would love to compete eventually but I have a LOT of fat to lose right now. I have been working out a pretty good little program daily and on low carb/low calorie. It is so hard to maintain my diet with others in the home eating whatever they want but Ive been doing really well so far and have lost 6 pounds. Im up for whatever connections I can get on her for motivation and help! Send me a request!
  • AspenHarrison
    AspenHarrison Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on FB and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a group page to keep in touch with losing these 30 lbs?? Please add me as a friend if you're interested and we can create a group page for us!
  • gidget415
    Options
    I'm 41 and a working mom. Ever since my back surgery in 2011, (and months of steroids) I have been about 20 pounds heavier than normal. I've been getting more active and am not feeling sorry for myself anymore. Everyone has pain. I am going to get myself back to where I should be and where I feel good. I'd love to help cheer people on and would love some MFP friends to get through this journey.
  • teresanesselrode2015
    Options
    H3809 wrote: »
    Super frustrated ... I have 20-25 lbs to loose... Been doing this diet for over a month... Under my calorie count everyday and exercise 3 times a week and have only lost minimal. And have been the same weight for 3 weeks!!! HELP!!!

• BrittK75
    BrittK75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All, would love some motivation and support! Please feel free to add me! I would like to loose 20-30lbs.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Id love to join in too!!!
    Im a busy Mom of 3 and let myself go. Id love to lose 25lbs by July 4th.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Options
    July 4 is about 17 weeks away... so if we lose 1.5 a week that will put us all at 25lbs or so!!!
  • snorklr
    snorklr Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks sophiasmomma,
    That puts it in perspective - and it's doable!
    ok girls how are we gonna do this?
    Do y'all weigh yourselves every day or once a week or what?
  • beachbum4044
    beachbum4044 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    H3809 wrote: »
    Super frustrated ... I have 20-25 lbs to loose... Been doing this diet for over a month... Under my calorie count everyday and exercise 3 times a week and have only lost minimal. And have been the same weight for 3 weeks!!! HELP!!!

Have you had any movement? You may not be eating enough and that could be why the scale isn't moving. Can you change your goals and up your protein and reduce your carbs? To change up what your eating. Are you eating small meals throughout the day?
  • Sophiasmomma
    Options
    Snorklr I was actually coming here to ask the same question lol. I was a weight watcher on an. off for several years. Its in my head to weigh myself each week however when I dont lose and i work so hard mentally Ive been known to "check out" of sticking to watching what I eat. Any recs for the scale? Do u weigh yourself every week?
    My plan is so workout 5/6 days a week. Eat 12500 ish calories and log Every single thing I eat. The good bad and really.ugly lol..
    Tomorrow is one week ive stuck with this.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Options
    Haha not 12,000 calories a day ; 0)
  • randleprzngod
    randleprzngod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and I have 35 lbs to loose before May. Its a struggle getting exercise in 3 times a week because of my busy schedule and drinking the required amount of water each day.
  • SoccerMom529
    SoccerMom529 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and I'm in. Need to lose more than 30 lbs. need all the motivation I can get.
  • zorks4ever
    Options
    I, too, am a Weight Watcher. (Although for the past several years I have watched my weight go UP.) I like the once a week weigh-in. Then it is not a daily obsession and you can see progress easier. Pick one day and have everyone post the amount they are down. We can talk each other through the plateaus and get down by July 4th to where we want to be.