Fitbit vs Fitbit

wiredkell
wiredkell Posts: 690 Member
I'm thinking of updating my Fitbit. I have the Fitbit One and it's been great for me. It's become a habit for me to put in my pocket and off I go. I almost never forget to switch it to the new pants I'm wearing anymore, as it's just part of my regular routine. However.. I have a feeling it's going to die soon. I have dropped it in the toilet a couple of times :s and I've been having a hard time syncing it to my phone as of late. I did a bit of research into the other models and like the added numbers it provides.

Which one do you have and what do you like about it and not like about it?

Replies

• cherylmellan
    cherylmellan Posts: 35 Member
    I have the Flex Kelly. I like the wrist better than the one. I do not like that you see no numbers I was addicted to looking and it was s hard transition. Now I have a smart phone, so I can see them at any time. The Flex also does not track stairs. The "Charge" replaced Dale's Force. I was just telling him today that I wish I had waited until the Charge came out. I think it logs activity better. The One did not give me credit for my paddling and the Flex does, but all of my shoveling did not even register which really annoyed me! Read ip on "active minutes" vs "very active minutes" if thats important to you. You religiouly use your fitbit. It benefits you daily. I think the Charge would be an investment in good health. I want one, but if the activity is if no concern I love the flex and wouldn't go back to the One.
  • cherylmellan
    I have the Flex Kelly. I like the wrist better than the one. I do not like that you see no numbers I was addicted to looking and it was s hard transition. Now I have a smart phone, so I can see them at any time. The Flex also does not track stairs. The "Charge" replaced Dale's Force. I was just telling him today that I wish I had waited until the Charge came out. I think it logs activity better. The One did not give me credit for my paddling and the Flex does, but all of my shoveling did not even register which really annoyed me! Read ip on "active minutes" vs "very active minutes" if thats important to you. You religiouly use your fitbit. It benefits you daily. I think the Charge would be an investment in good health. I want one, but if the activity is if no concern I love the flex and wouldn't go back to the One.

• wiredkell
    I'm wondering if I should hold out for the Surge. It looks a bit bigger than what I would want, but it has a ton of options.
    • GPS Tracking - see distance, pace and elevation climbed
    • PurePulse Heart Rate - continuous, automatic, wrist-based heart rate
    • All-Day Activity - steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed & active minutes
    • Multi-Sport - records running, cross training and cardio
    • Long Battery Life - 7+ days
    • Notifications & Music - see call & text notifications on display and control songs from mobile playlist
    • Auto Sleep & Alarms - monitor sleep automatically & set a silent alarm
    • Wireless Syncing

Or.. I could go for the ChargeHR. It doesn't have the GPS Tracking, but I think I like it better because it's way smaller that the Surge for my tiny wrist. The battery says up to 5 days.

With both of them, I can see my progress right on it, which I really like on the One since I'm not always able to sync.
  • wiredkell
    Ok .. that's it... it's a done deal. I just bought the ChargeHR online and it says it's shipping in 1-2 weeks. Fingers crossed that I like it.
  • Lastchancelj
    Lastchancelj Posts: 1,341 Member
    You're going to LOVE the Charge HR. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine. I also looked at the Surge, but it was too big for me and didn't fit quite as comfy either.
  • wiredkell
    I'm excited! It said it shipped today!
  • cherylmellan
    I just got the Charge HR Kelly, largely on Lois's recommendation. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my Flex, I just got really really REALLY pissed off one night, when after shoveling my 70' driveway THREE TIMES (AND carrying firewood) it gave me "2 very active minutes." It's just being picky, I know - but I didn't walk that day, too busy trying to keep myself shoveled out. Every single big storm this season, I was home alone!!! I LOVE the Charge HR! I am going to sell my Flex - it's only 6 months old. (Might help me justify the new one to Dale.........heh heh heh.)