Why Measuring really does count even in LCHF

Options
This short humorous clip shows how we all OVER measure but undercount..a rounded scoop vs a bit under the lip of the scoop…shows how 200-500+ unplanned calories a day can add up to STALL loss.

Even for LCHF…calories eventually count--after OTHER issues are resolved (like sleep apnea, PCOS, etc., we are not machines burning fuel, but let's not slow progress either.)

Using a precise scale she shows how we can sabotage ourselves when meaning well. Enjoy! and don't lick the spoon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
http://www.dietdoctor.com/how-to-lose-weight

Replies

• Groitgard
    Options
    This is definitely true, that's why I set my calories about 200 under as I just assume my count is off by a bit.
  • thehudlermom
    Options
    This is why I have always used a food scale. I started with using it for teaching myself that part of the metric system, then realized my baked goods (back when I ate them) came out perfectly when I measured things by the gram, and now I use it for everything. Second nature.
  • mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good to know, but where can I get food scales like hers? I've never seen those in my life, in fact I didn't know such scales existed!
  • lbadmus
    lbadmus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mowbry wrote: »
    Good to know, but where can I get food scales like hers? I've never seen those in my life, in fact I didn't know such scales existed!

There are tons of food scales with nutritional info on Amazon. I used this one for a while but have since switched to a smaller, simpler scale and just look up the info online.

• mowbry
    mowbry Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Ibadmus, but your link didn't work. No worries I've just found it. I've just read the reviews and it is only geared towards the American market and no good for us British. Never mind, perhaps one day it will be adapted for us.
  • Sarasayshi
    Sarasayshi Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I weigh everything if I can. I feel it's more precise that even using measuring cups. I find that you actually get more if you weigh it due to bulky pieces not utilizing space in the container being measured.