Today's surgery! !

Options
Hi Everyone,
My name is Wendy n I'm going in for gastic bypass today. They rescheduled my time out 6hrs so I'm killing time w no fluids till then. Ughh!! If you knew now what you didn't then, what would that be? Looking for tips n advice.

So excited!! Thank you all :smile :smile:

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finally getting to the big day! I had a pretty easy recovery, but there is a wide breadth of recovery experiences. Prepare yourself for anything; plus, remember that after the first few days, nearly everyone gets significantly better as each day passes. Get up and moving as soon as you are able!

Good luck!

Rob
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hope your surgery went well and recovery is going better! My recovery was also pretty easy. My best advice is to walk as much as possible. Liquid vitamins were my friend the first month as was GasX dissolvable strips.
  • jl191
    jl191 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Hope it went well, mine was yesterday :) Today I feel extremely gassy but not near as bad as I expected.
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Mine was 2/19 and I've also had a pretty easy recovery so far. I echo Rob with moving around after surgery as soon as possible. It really helps get out the gas they put in during surgery and makes you feel so much better!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and best of luck to you!
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hope all went well!!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing about your experience. Hope it's going ok for you.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hoping all is well for you and recovery is well underway! Look forward to hearing from you when you are up to it.