Kinda of a Newbie

Options
Hey All!

I'm Kristi and I am just starting LCHF. My journey is a little different as I am doing it from a wheelchair. I caved and bought a scale that I can wheel on at home and can finally keep track weekly. It was either that or joining Weight Watchers again and not following the point system. The scale was NOT cheap, but I am enjoying (if you can say that when weighing) having my very own scale.

Last week was a bad one for me as I ate out a lot and did not make good choices, but back on a good track this week. Working out has been going good at the gym too.

I am trying to kick my Diet Pepsi habbit, but I love it so. Anyone else drink diet pop? Is it really bad for weight loss or will it make it slower? I read different reports - some people lose on it and others do not.

I have about 50 pounds I want to lose no matter how long it takes.

I have a very good supportive system in my boyfriend and my parents.

Replies

• walkerssc
    walkerssc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I have found that once you cut out the sodas, you will no longer crave them. :smile:
  • Dmwinter5
    Dmwinter5 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 pounds and never gave up my diet Pepsi! 24oz. A day. And that first drink was the best of the day. You can do it and have your Pepsi to!
  • LowCarbHeart
    LowCarbHeart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I still drink diet soda, especially when I go out to eat, and I usually have a glass with my afternoon snack when I get home from work. It's a small vice but I haven't noticed any impact to my weight loss.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Diet pop never slowed down my losing, but I gave it up for other reasons, the acid was doing serious damage to my stomach, not to mention my teeth. Once I was off them for a while, I could definitely notice the artificial sweetener taste in them when I tried them again, so staying off wasn't a problem.
  • browneyedgirl7928
    browneyedgirl7928 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ohhh good to know! Glad I don't have to give that up. I don't drink coffee often (usually because it's a frap of some sort) so I just stick to Diet Pepsi. I cut it off at dinner time otherwise I'd never get to sleep. I won't cut it out of my life. Yay! :smile:
  • granmouse
    granmouse Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I asked my doc about diet soda. She described it as toxic.
  • KeithF6250
    KeithF6250 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    granmouse wrote: »
    I asked my doc about diet soda. She described it as toxic.

There is certainly a wide variety of opinion concerning artificial sweeteners. Anything is toxic in a large enough quantity. The tricky part is finding your balance.

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I think the general consensus is that every body is different and responses to artificial sweeteners vary. Some have success with an eating plan that incorporates them and others are sensitive to them leading to stalls in weight loss. You just need to figure out what works for you. I personally avoid artificial sweeteners, but that's just me.

Just curious, are you able to exercise at all from your chair? I didn't know they made wheelchair scales for personal use--I don't even want to ask how much something like that costs! I would think medical insurance would cover a portion of the cost, but knowing insurance companies I'm going to say they probably refused....