Fat bomb recipe help?

Options
I've googled fat bomb recipes several times, and they all seem to have lots of ingredients I don't keep around the house (zest of half a lemon, pistachios, pecans, extracts, etc). I think I saw a thread similar to this awhile back, but can't find it now. If I'm not imagining it and someone brighter than me can find it I'd gladly take those suggestions and any others.

That said, here's what I have on hand:
  • coconut oil (refined type)
  • coconut flour
  • almond butter (the kind that has to be refrigerated)
  • butter (unsalted)
  • a huge variety of sugar free torani syrups
  • cocoa powder
  • splenda packets
  • almond flour
  • almonds (raw, whole)
  • full fat cream cheese
  • half and half
  • Vanilla extract
  • allspice
  • cinnamon

Anyone have any ideas for fat bombs that could be made with these ingredients?

Replies

• moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Here is my Chocolate coconut-nut fat bomb recipe

1.00 stick, Butter (softened)
    8.00 oz, Cream cheese (softened)
    4.00 Tbsp, Coconut Oil
    4.00 Tbsp, Natural Peanut Butter
    2.00 tbsp, Cacao powder
    5.00 tbsp, Chopped Walnuts
    1.00 cup, Flaked Unsweetened Coconut
    1.00 tbsp, Stevia in the raw
    2.00 tbsp, Splenda

I toast the coconut in the oven and then slowly blend all these ingredients together over low heat and stir carefully with a wire whisk until fully combined. I add the cacao powder and sweeteners at the very end. When finished I line cupcake tins with cupcake paper and add one heaping tablespoon of this delectable concoction in each holder, then chill and enjoy.

Makes 18 servings, calories 185, fat 19 g, carbs 2g, protein 2g, fiber 1g each. Yummy!
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I do something similar to this^ just melt together what ever I have laying around.
    with your ingredients almond butter, cocoa, coconut butter, chopped almonds, I love the texture of shredded coconut on there too if ya wanna pick some up and then a little bit of stevia to taste. and BOOM scoop spoonfuls on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer, and try not to eat to many lol! pinterest has some nice looking recipes too... https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=fat bombs
  • lizpitts
    lizpitts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How about Cream Cheese Clouds?

8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
    1/2 cup butter (softened)
    Sweetener to equal 1/2 - 3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 to 1 teaspoon flavoring - I like Lemon or vanilla extract.
    Beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and freeze. Keep in the freezer. I line the cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I second cream cheese clouds. Really easy to make.

Also, the ones I made last night were based on a simple base.

4 oz soften cream cheese
    4 oz melted butter
    1/4 cup melted coconut oil

I let the cream cheese and butter set on the counter about an hour, melted the butter and oil together, then used that to dissolve the cream cheese while mixing. After mixing, I added flavorings.

I used lemon juice, zest and sweetener. You don't ever have to use zest. It just adds a stronger flavor. If you have juice, use a bit more to taste and add a little extra of your most solid form of fat in the recipe to balance the extra liquid.

Second recipe added cocoa powder, cinnamon, and sweetener. This needed more sweetener than the lemon one.

I tasted both after blending, and I'm much looking forward to them frozen/chilled. Will let you know how it goes. Can use any flavors. My suggestions are this type of ratio:

liquid flavors - 1-3 TBSP depending on flavor aim and strength of flavor. Don't be afraid to taste as you go.

Powdered flavors - LESS IS MORE. Used two rounded teaspoons of cocoa powder, and a little over a tsp of cinnamon, and it was a little overpowering last night. I'll see if it sets up differently. I'd probably use 1/2-3/4 of the amount and adjust as I go. Remember that frozen, things taste less intense typically. (hence why it takes more sugar to make ice cream sweet than you'd use in say, chocolate milk - bad reference, but I'm sure you get what I mean).

Sweetner - equivalent of 4 tsp-6 tsp, to taste. Recipe call for 2-4 TBSP of sweetener. Each TBSP is 3 tsp, so 2 TBSP is 6 tsp. I used 2 packets of stevia in the lemon one (=4 tsp) and 3 packets in the chocolate one because I used too much cocoa powder (=6 tsp). Any sweeter for me, and I'd be going a sugar taste instead of just enough to knock the edge off....

Hope this helps!
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Knitormiss that sounds amazing, I'll have to try just some cream cheese mixed with other things I guess!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    lizpitts wrote: »

Beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and freeze. Keep in the freezer. I line the cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper.

Lemon is good, but strawberry, cherry, orange and butterscotch are all better than vanilla IMO
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Knitormiss that sounds amazing, I'll have to try just some cream cheese mixed with other things I guess!

So the lemon ones are AWESOME. A little nut crust and they'd be almost like grandma's lemon bars. **drools** Tart and tangy and just a hint of creamy sweet. I like them as is.

The Chocolate ones are missing that zing, but they tasted kind of like a dark mexican chocolate fudge, for lack of a better explanation. I think with more cream cheese the might be perfect.

I'll have my guy sample tonight and tell me what he thinks is missing, too, but those lemon ones...drool. :) It was a recipe someone had on pinterest!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »

Lemon is good, but strawberry, cherry, orange and butterscotch are all better than vanilla IMO

Where do you find the extracts that don't already have sugar in them? I googled nutritional data on a few and they were all super carb heavy...
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Alliwan wrote: »

Where do you find the extracts that don't already have sugar in them? I googled nutritional data on a few and they were all super carb heavy...

I get them from the Amish market i frequent, but you can make your own. It isnt too difficult.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've googled fat bomb recipes several times, and they all seem to have lots of ingredients I don't keep around the house (zest of half a lemon, pistachios, pecans, extracts, etc). I think I saw a thread similar to this awhile back, but can't find it now. If I'm not imagining it and someone brighter than me can find it I'd gladly take those suggestions and any others.

That said, here's what I have on hand:
    <snip>

Anyone have any ideas for fat bombs that could be made with these ingredients?

All of the above. What I found out is that there is no good recipe, because its all good! As long as you use oils, (butter, coconut, cocoa butter) and a sweetener (you have to be Goldilocks on the sweetener). Pick a sweetener you like. You can put nuts in it or not. Cinnamon or not, almond extract or not. I have even added cream cheese to it. (I couldn't taste it). You can even put Cocoa powder in it or not. You can put a little or a lot. I have done it all kinds of different ways, I feel like a mad scientist or an alchemist. And I have never had a batch where I put it in my mouth and then spit it out... It was always good.

You will be amazed how good they taste. You have to be careful though, don't eat them all in one sitting (like some here have done) or you could get sick (like some here have done, I won't mention any names though).

The fat just melts in your mouth. I add a few nuts (any kind) to make it crunchy. Or the other day I made a "Almond Joy Wanna Be" with unsweetened shredded coconut & un-refined coconut oil. It was delish!

So get in the kitchen and make some...! :D You'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner...

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan