Exercise/Gain weight???

Options
Hi all, I'm new to this, in my second week of Keto diet. Of course, I've been trolling sites for information, of which there is plenty. But I'm baffled by phenomenon of gaining weight/or stalling loss of by exercise. Pls excuse question if this is just basic, or rather, send a link, with info. Thx

Replies

• krichard08
    krichard08 Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just came in here looking for this exact topic. I am nearing end of week three (or is it 4? I cant remember! lol). The first week I did no exercise and lost 7 lbs. I understand mostly water weight. The next week I lost 3 lbs. Again hardly any exercising at all. Week 3... 1.4 lbs. lost. Exercising more and gained back 2 lbs. Have been weighing myself every couple of days to check in on things and still the same weight after the 2 lb. gain. So disheartening. Should I just stop working out?? That doesn't seem right to me. Anyone?? Help please!
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Your muscles soak up and hold onto water for a bit after a good exercise. This is why you're gaining, or stalling temporarily. After your muscles release the water, you usually will see weight loss.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/418620-do-muscles-hold-water-after-a-hard-workout/
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Just like after the initial dump of water from your glucose stores (part of the process), your body takes a bit to balance out and start losing again. Hence the progress markers of 7 days, 21 days, 2 months, etc. you see in many explanations.
  • JAnn319
    JAnn319 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In addition, after exercise your muscles get inflamation, thats why its important to rest and/or alternate exercises. Our muscles need some time to get back to normal :)
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too...Its really frustrating! Im finding, it eventually evens out and that you lose inches, and feel better, so try not to focus too much on the scale in the begining.