Looking for MFP friends, lets partner up and support each other ladies!!

Options
lifeaslucy09
lifeaslucy09 Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hey Everyone!

My name is Lucy, I'm a 2nd year medical student in Eastern North Carolina! I have been on MFP a few times over the past several years but each time as my life becomes a bit more busy I find myself falling off! I don't want that to happen this time around. I've been thinking a lot about who I am and what I represent. This is what I've come up with:

I'm a lover of Christ, I'm a Congolese girl, I'm a daughter, an older sister, and a friend to all who cross my path. I love to support and encourage others and I believe this is why I am so passionate about the healthcare field.

Despite all this, I've come to realize that the person I struggle to love the most is myself. I believe that my health is a reflection of my love for me. As I write this, I am 5'6 a littler over 250lbs and struggling with self image, self worth, and self discipline. I praise God that I am not blind to my struggle and that He allows me to recognize it. I see how I am living and I am committing myself to struggle in a different way. I want to struggle to change the story of my life.

If you relate to any part of my story, I invite you to add me on here...I need as much help and support as I can get and I hope to share my support with you all too!

"One day at a time, one meal at a time, and one step at a time...we can change our story!"

#lifeaslucy

Replies

• foreverfl
    foreverfl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate to your story. I'm determined that this year I'm going to get it right and change my obsession with food.
  • Monetp60
    Monetp60 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I totally relate to your struggle. I tend to use food to comfort me. What has helped me is to talk about my feelings aloud or to journal. I also believe adding MFP friends has helped tremendously. Feel free to add me.:)
  • kia_runs
    kia_runs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Been there. I can relate. Feel free to add me. I post daily, my diary is open and I try to comment daily. Good luck ladies.
  • rdcargile10
    rdcargile10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your story as well. I also struggle with self image, self worth, and self discipline. I am here to support you as well as accepting your support. I will add you as a friend.
  • linia98
    linia98 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • essence918
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • denisesrafiell
    denisesrafiell Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me too!
  • WassupWitAli
    WassupWitAli Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone!
  • BellaGettinFit
    BellaGettinFit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    add me. <3B):D
  • Tx_Julie_Mango
    Tx_Julie_Mango Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me :D
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • aleannam
    aleannam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

SW: 166
    GW: 145
    I'm getting back into the swing of things. I like various training- weights, HIIT, cardio, trx, plyo...all kinds! If you are in the N. Dallas area hit me up!
  • jasminanicole
    jasminanicole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I could use some support and think you all will be great inspiration. Feel free to add me as well :)
  • JerzGirlCole
    JerzGirlCole Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to add me. As a stressed out med school graduate, I completely understand what you are going through. :)
  • Shakland
    Shakland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me too - I'm down for it. I find in this go around of losing weight and living in better health that community is so helpful. I've been so inspired by the stories shared on the BWLW blog - it really was the key to push me to do that little bit extra to make things happen.
  • ldgcng
    ldgcng Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm back on MFP after gaining back 30 of the 50 pounds I lost a year ago. I can relate to what you're saying about self-worth and feeling positive about myself. I'm going to add you as a friend so we can encourage each other. My goal is to record my food daily, as embarrassing as it may be. Being open was helpful to me last year. And to everyone, add me as a friend if you like.
  • andienectarinewharhol
    Options
    I'm looking for all the help I can get as well. I need my village.
  • Shapealicious
    Shapealicious Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some support, motivation and a little push please feel free to add!
  • LadieLeo50
    LadieLeo50 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for more support. Please feel free to add me
  • Cocoabons
    Cocoabons Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for support also. More friends the better. Add me