Carb suprises???

Lrdoflamancha
Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
I just found out that the Truvia brand of Stevia has 3 grams of carbs per package net.... Ouch.... Have you found any items that the carb count was a suprise?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I know that PureVia Non GMO Stevia is 1 g per packet, and tastes awesome. I'll have to check back on any other ones...
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    One of the pills I'm supposed to be taking at every single meal has 1.8 carbs. I hadn't planned for that.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    I take cinnamon to help control blood sugar and it is 1.5 carbs per pill.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Beef jerky had a bad habit of surprising me after I'd already eaten it. And some hot wings at restaurants also have way more than you'd think.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Cashews. I've been sad about cashews for 10 years. I still make room for them once in a while, but I have to plan ahead instead of other nuts I can just throw in a salad whenever I feel like it.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Soy milk. In my early days I had a soy flat white (coffee) thinking I was doing the right thing. Stunned when I got home and recorded it to see I'd blown my day out of the water. Apples and unsweetened yogurt both shocked me as well, after I'd eaten a chopped apple with nuts in yogurt as a snack :(
  • jennmac415
    jennmac415 Posts: 52 Member
    I use Truvia also. I just looked up on the Truvia website and it said that people should NOT count the carbs in Truvia because it is that sugar alcohol , I can't remember the name, starts with an E, that passes through the body without being used so actually the net carbs are 0
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Erythitol

Xylitol is another one. I've seen competing advice for sugar alcohol - some say don't count them at all, some say to count them as half.
  • jennmac415
    jennmac415 Posts: 52 Member
    Yes, that's it...thanks, JPW!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    I take cinnamon to help control blood sugar and it is 1.5 carbs per pill.

crikey - so do I but hadn't noticed there were carbs in it.... :confused:

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Cashews. I've been sad about cashews for 10 years. I still make room for them once in a while, but I have to plan ahead instead of other nuts I can just throw in a salad whenever I feel like it.

I got burned with that yesterday. Usually I'm pretty good about just eating a handful, but went a little bonkers yesterday, only to find I blew through my remaining carbs and then some. *facepalm* Woops. Still in ketosis this morning, though, so live and learn and move on.
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Erythitol

Xylitol is another one. I've seen competing advice for sugar alcohol - some say don't count them at all, some say to count them as half.

I count the Xylitol carbs, personally. Helps me limit it, otherwise I'd use Xylitol a lot more (seriously, best tasting non-sugar sweetener ever).