New to the group

Options
altogirl2
altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
Hi all,
I'm in my 60's and currently weigh 247.8 lbs (as of this morning). I've lost 21 lbs since joining MFP in December. I'm so thankful for this community and excited to be a member of this group. I've yo-yo'd SO many times, maybe this time it will stick?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @altogirl2‌ First things first, Welcome!!

This is an ongoing thing. I'm kind of in a stage right now where I take two steps forward, one step, back and forth, but the overall trend being slightly downward. We do what we have to do.

I don't remember exactly when I joined MFP, but I think it was after I'd started losing the stress weight from my marriage (ended in a divorce I couldn't be more thankful for now...perspective, right?). This iteration started about this time last year, and I've been here, logging in, even when I wasn't recording food and was focused more on the mental side of this journey.

This group isn't as active now as it used to be, but it's an awesome bunch of people. I'm 38, but weight and poor habits have taken their toll on me, too. I'm back down to the same range of weight as you...so maybe we can take on the rest of this mess together! LOL

For me, getting my head on straight was the key to any continuing success. Lose in the way you will maintain. If you want to eat ice cream every day once you achieve your goals, you have to figure out how to eat it in moderation while you are losing. Find your mental groove, and you'll be set. It took me SO LONG to do this.

Wishing you luck,
    Carly in OK
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hey welcome :) hope you love it here. I think I might be the token Brit (or the active one) and am currently 51lb down. Hope you enjoy sharing your journey with us

Lise x
  • altogirl2
    Options
    Thanks Carly and Lise, your words are so encouraging to me. It's a lot to lose and sometimes seems impossible but I'm taking it one minute at a time!
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. I hope you find some help in it through this journey.

I know we come at this during two different ages, but 329 days ago I was 328lbs and now I am 15lbs away from being under 200. It is a long term journey but big changes can happen within a short period of time and during that whole time i have rarely though of this journey as weight loss.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I always joke that I'm gaining health not losing weight.
  • altogirl2
    Options
    RatPat13 wrote: »
    Welcome to the group. I hope you find some help in it through this journey.

I know we come at this during two different ages, but 329 days ago I was 328lbs and now I am 15lbs away from being under 200. It is a long term journey but big changes can happen within a short period of time and during that whole time i have rarely thought of this journey as weight loss.

That's incredible! Yes, I think it's a journey of discovery of self!

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your wonderful progress.
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've sent you a friend request.

I agree about the 'sweet spot'. I woke up and had a white soft bread roll for breakfast, because I'm certain there is a conspiracy against me to have delicious things in the house. I used butter and had a slice of cheese. I know it's not the end of the world though, and it means that I have to either exercise more or eat less of other things for the rest of the day.

Moderation is something that I think many of us struggle with. Along with not feeling like we've seriously sinned every time we eat something that's not 'good' for us.
  • altogirl2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me.