Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, February 23rd - March 1st

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello everyone! New week, time to continue on the great path you are on, and/or find room for improvement.....

I have had a rough couple weeks, plan wise. The amount of crazy busy days I have had, have caused me to not follow my plan, overeat, eat junk and not even sleep properly. I have been getting my steps in, thankfully, and I have having to fight to do that.

I am ready to start making a good dent in this weight......and my life should become a little more my pace again......

My goals for this week again are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food five days this week (But still be mindful of what I eat on my days off, I have two birthday celebrations this week)
4. Get to the YMCA two times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week

Starting to feel like a broken record, however, I am feeling positive that this will be a better week.

Weekly Mini Goal

We all get down on ourselves from time to time, so time to pick yourself up. Tell the group three things you do really well. What are you really good at??

Replies

• WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am so ready for a new week after being off work a whole week. Flu has left the building! Whatever the scale brings me after being sick , I will take. Pushing forward!

Goals this week.
    1. Exercise 3 times. Did first one tonight. 20 minutes!
    2. Drink water
    3. Log all my food

Mini goal.

I am good at teaching little ones, taking care of chickens, gardening.

I will check in Wednesday when I weigh in. :)
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goals for the week
    1. Workout 3 x ( home workouts)
    2. Run 2x 2 miles each
    3. Hydrate hydrate, hydrate!
    4. Stay positive. I've been negative lately and I need to choose to be positive.

Mini goal:
    1. Singing
    2. Spreadsheets
    3. Hunting
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    well not exercising for a week, and eating a lot of ice cream and other crap made me gain weight, which duh I knew it would. I'm going back to the Dentist today to see why a week later I'm still in pain.

goals are
    1 get back into exercise, even if its just walking
    2 eat more fruits. I'm eating a halo are we speak :)
    3 drink more water
    4 cook all my meals this week

mini goals

1.I'm good at art and designing if anyone wants to see it, here is my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/lioidesigns
    2 making friends, I am a really people person
    3. making people laugh
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just wandered through last week without any destination. I'll find out tomorrow how that affected my weight.

Work is SLAMMED right now (next month is colorectal cancer awareness month ... get your colonoscopies!) so I need to work closer to 50-60 hours a week. Making a good dinner is already hard enough while trying to fit in gym time, so this week I'm going to attempt going to the gym in the mornings starting on Wednesday. I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON so this is going to be hard!

Mini Goal:
    1) Choosing really great friends that are there for me when things go bad.
    2) Making people feel at ease in a social situation where they might not know anybody.
    3) Inappropriate (but hysterical) comments.
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm back on here for the first time in, well, a long time. I have a bit more free time than I did last semester, and I'm hoping I can finally get in the habit of eating better and exercising more. I started the morning off with 20 minutes of Zumba. I'm hoping to do that every weekday morning. It was easy today because school was delayed 2 hours. It will be harder tomorrow when I have to wake up at 4:30, but I will do it!

Goals:
    -Track everything.
    -Exercise 5 times.
    -Drink 10 glasses of water a day.
    -Eat at least 3 fruits/veggies a day (working my way up to 5+).

Mini Goal:
    1.) Memorizing useless information
    2.) Writing quickly
    3.) Writing stories (or at least I think so!)
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    well my mouth doesn't hurt. its weird I went to the dentist yesterday because I had a cleaning and they took pics and said the root looks fine but since its keep me up at night I need a root canal, but after leaving from he cleaning its weird but my mouth and tooth doesn't hurt, IDK but today I'm heading to boxing because I'm in no pain. yay
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Goals for the Week:
    - Get back into walking (been put off with the snow/ice/etc)
    - Increase time able to cycle (on stationary trainer) from 23 min (Last Fri) to 29 min (Fri) per session (incrementally longer throughout the week).
    - Lay out schedule and plan for starting a bodyweight strength plan.

Mini Goal:
    - Photography (my hobby) ScrAgnX on Flickr.
    - Mining Engineering (my job).
    - Processing data quickly (mentally adapting to new information, or in a computer).
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    How is everyone doing today? what work outs did you do, what good fruits and veggies did you have?

today I went to boxing and zumba, as well as had some frozen blueberries, tomorrow I meet with my trainer because its been over a week and I need this. maybe zumba tomorrow as well. we will see.
  • Italian_Buju
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Welcome kaliya!

I was not around yesterday cuz it was my birthday! So, here was the dining issue I posted about last week.

On Sunday, we went to Swiss Chalet for dinner, and I had chicken and salad without a potato.....and then we went to a fancy place for cheesecake.....however, I gave up chocolate for Lent, and every single dessert they had contained chocolate! My friends kept wanting me to eat it anyway, but I take my Lent sacrifices very seriously and did not. Swiss Chalet gave us free dessert for our birthdays (myself and one other girl, double celebration), so upon my friends relentless insistence, I did eat the cheesecake from SC that my friend brought with her. I choose chocolate cake for my free dessert to go, so I would not eat it, and gave it to my son. However, everything fit within my calorie goal, so it was all good. The cheesecake from the place we were going to eat it would not have, I could tell by looking at it!! I will say I am going back there after Easter to try some, but I will fit it in my goals!

Last night, after work, my friend took me out for dinner and we ate everything.....EVERYTHING. I even had deep fried cheesecake for dessert. I regret nothing lol. I decided that was my one real splurge out of the three nights out this week. (My other one is this upcoming Saturday, and I plan to have steak and veggies again with no potato and a moderate dessert at the movies.) This morning, my blood sugar was really high, and I thought it was from the cheesecake, but then realized tonight that I somehow forgot to take my bedtime insulin shot....in 27 years, I do not ever recall that happening before! It sucked cuz I felt crappy this morning, but all is back on track now.

Today I ate asparagus at dinner and various veggies on my sandwich for lunch.

I have had to drop the gym for this week, and am going to add it back in next week. I have been so overwhelmed for the last two weeks, I feel like I am constantly behind. In fact, I missed my bus FOUR TIMES in the last week and had to take a taxi, because of running around trying to get stuff done. I need to slow down a bit and pace myself because my OCD is starting to take over. I did not go today, I was feeling sick this morning from last nights problem and then had a DR appt and needed to run some errands. Thursday I am going to try and catch up on things around the house that I have been behind in. And Saturday morning I am going to try and get my groceries done before my friend gets here, so that I am not going crazy Sunday night playing catch up again. Then hopefully by next Sunday night I will feel normal again. I am still going to get my 10K steps in every day, or most days anyway (I think I am a few hundred short tonight), just no weight training.

Mini Goal

1. Cooking
    2. Debating
    3. Public Speaking
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Happy Birthday
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Thanks Skittles!!
  • FloraJL
    Options
    I actually set my alarm to go off at 6:00am this morning; I only hit the snooze once and then hit the gym.

It's 4:00pm now and it's killing me trying to stay awake at my desk, but at least I know I'll be able to cook a healthy meal without rushing.
  • WVMountainMamma
    Options
    Well weigh in was today. I was up 2.2 lbs. I was devastated. I measured everything this week and was under every day. I was sick, so I don't know if that played a factor... has this happened to anyone? I was thinking I wouldn't lose much, but to gain is heart breaking. I've stuck to it today regardless. I just need some encouragement.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @WVMountainMamma‌ I was heavier at the end of my sinus issues than I was at the start, and those don't have near the whole body effect as a flu. For my part I wasn't hydrating enough, eating more salt, not exercising, and probably not tracking as well as I could have.

Do your best to not worry, and redouble your efforts now that you're feeling better. As long as you keep measuring food, and stay around your calorie targets you'll get back on track no problem.
  • WVMountainMamma
    Options
    Thanks! I was only sick 2 days. As sick as I was I made myself eat enough and did everything right.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself, the scale is only one form of measurement.....weight does fluctuate, it could even be just that!!

Flora - way to go, that is a hard feat to get up at that hour and exercise!!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    well guys yesterday was a bad food day for me and I had to pay for it. I was woken up at 2 am until almost 6 with the worst indigestion ever, I took stuff for it, I even drank some pop to help, but wow this really sucked, so I learned the hard way. my body is not use to to me doing that to it any more. this is why I stick to the simple things and keep it clean.
  • FloraJL
    Options
    We got in the middle of the night so I purposefully decided to skip the morning exercise thing and I knew I couldn't go at night. But then my friend Liz called and asked me to go with her tonight because she's skipped all week long and offered to treat me to dinner afterward. Even when I get skinny I"m never going to turn down free food! So we went and only did stretching for 30 minutes, but it's better than nothing! And we ate in the gym's cafe where I had an amazingly delicious mushroom & artichoke wrap.

I would have been ok with myself not going, but I am glad I did.
  • cinaminy79
    cinaminy79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have only been here for 5 days so I am new to all of this. I have struggled with my weight all my life and I'm ready to take control.. I just need help and support. I'm glad I found this site and group. I finally feel like I am not alone.

My goals are:
    1. Write in my journal and log all my food
    2. Water water water.. no soda
    3. Stay active

Mini goals are : I'm good with kids, I'm good at crafts, and I'm a good listener\talker.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this group! :)
  • rdmoore85
    rdmoore85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this group and working on taking control of my weight. I plan to lose 100+ lbs and become more active. Working at a desk most of the day makes being active difficult, but not impossible.

My goals are:
    1. Take the stairs instead of elevator
    2. Avoid fried food
    3. Go to the gym 5 times
    4. Track everything on MFP

Mini goals:
    1. grow spiritually
    2. say thank you more often
    3. be a positive influence on others

Look forward to being active in this group.