Oh the fatigue....

Options
This is my 14th day doing keto. And I am so tired. I feel like it's getting worse instead of better. I upped my calories today to net 1600, instead of net 1360 to see if that helps. I've hit my macros almost dead-on both weeks. I drink 96 ounces of water, take 1,000 mg magnesium citrate, 800 mg potassium, I'm very liberal with salt.

Someone please tell me it's going to let up soon. Is there anything else I can do?

Replies

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    It does let up. I have more energy now than I have had in a long long time. I am about a month in. Sounds like you are on the right track. I don't know what your percentages are though. Gonna let some of the more experienced folks weigh in on this one
  • WisconsinFlyAnglerGirl
    Options
    My first week was 74% F/22% P/4% C
    My second week was 75% F/21% P/4% C
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Keto flu. Carb flu...whatever you choose to call it. Some of us get it worse than others, but this too should pass as your body adjusts. I get it terribly if i push myself out of ketosis, and then I suffer for weeks until i get back in heavy. I don't know what your exercise regimen is, but if you are exercising heavy, you might want to pull back and let your body really adjust first. For myself, I am usually too miserable to exercise until i'm fully adjusted....but, my body hates me so...eh. You'll get there.
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Upping calories hopefully will help, but it should let up soon. Sounds like you're doing awesome with macros! :) Honestly it took me till just recently to feel physically like my muscles could cooperate with some more activity. They say it can take about 4 weeks to get back to a point where you can physically preform at your previous stamina.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Yes it will pass. Just do what you have to and ride it out. The energy after is wonderful. I almost treated myself like I was healing from an illness while I was in the worst of it. Even sick I do not get much time off but I did not take on more than had to be done around here.
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't worry about your calorie intake for the first few weeks. Your body is making huge adjustments and it will eventually figure things out. I suggest increasing your potassium by at least double. I supplement 2000mg+ of potassium citrate a day.
  • embodybruce
    embodybruce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would love to find a high mg potassium supplement in the UK but drawing a blank. Anyone know of a source?
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Would love to find a high mg potassium supplement in the UK but drawing a blank. Anyone know of a source?

amazon.co.uk/Potassium-Capsules-Vita-World-Production/dp/B00K5N3860

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

Try this:

Need Potassium

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan

• embodybruce
    embodybruce Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Superb. Thanks. Think I may be able to get Lo Salt.

Also found that pistachios are very high. And that, in the UK at least, many foods in the database don't have potassium listed accurately so I'm probably getting more than I think I am.