My journey to lose 25lbs... I'd love to have a support group!

Options
2»

Replies

• osubeam
    osubeam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love all the support here!! I'm in a similar boat as you ladies, currently at 138, 5'2 and looking to down to 120. I'm not obese but trying live an active life style so pizza and genetics don't win! I enjoy having people on a similar journey to talk to, please feel free to add me!
  • osubeam
    osubeam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    amme0414 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm trying to lose 20lbs, but more importantly, get all of my vitamins and exercise daily!

This is a fantastic goal/mind set!
  • QueerAbuela
    QueerAbuela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking to lose around 15 more pounds, so my goals are sorta close! College made me a 19 year old girl with a beer belly. A bad break up pushed me to lose 10lbs from my highest weight of 120ish, and I started MFP at 110. I haven't weighed myself in quite a bit, but my current weight as of a while ago was 104. My goal is to get down to the lower 90s. I try to think less about the number and more about the health benefits, and so far I'm doing fairly well. :smile: (I'm 4' 10", so my healthy weight range goes down as low as 88lbs! I swear my goals aren't too wild haha)
  • stephie_8585
    stephie_8585 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm really new to MFP (just this week). I found that I gained about 15 pounds extra winter weight -- It's cold in Canada! Now I'm on the journey to try and lose it before the summer. I've always been very thin, so I don't feel comfortable with this extra layer - all in my tummy, butt and thighs! Ugh. So far I'm really liking this app, it makes everything very clear and easy to follow! Good luck to everyone :smile:
  • eeilise
    eeilise Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey, all! I've been a MFP user for a couple of years, on and off. But recently I've had a lot of life changes, including moving 500 miles away from the place I grew up, losing family members, changing careers so that I can't teach dance anymore, and of course, an extra 20 pounds.
    I went to the doctor today and she told me that my BMI is 25.3, which is OFFICIALLY overweight. I want to lose 15-25 pounds and just start running again since I don't get nearly all the exercise that I used to.

Anyone who wants to have another person in their support system, just add me. :smiley:

XO Eilise
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/eeilise
  • KitKat47
    KitKat47 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, Im new to MFP , (I signed up a few years ago, but never used it), I really need to lose about 20-25 pounds, I have let creep up and its making me sluggish and not able to fit into my wardrobe, I just feel overall crappy. I used to be in pretty good shape, but it seems a little harder now as I get a little older, I just want to feel good again about myself and regain my energy and confidence. Its just hard getting started!!! Please feel free to :D friend me, I need the motivation of seeing others suceed! Thanks,:)
  • mimisexy09
    Options
    Hi Hope, I'm Tamika. I'm in the same exact boat your in. I maintained 140 but somehow 163 snuck up on me and I never had to workout ugh, I would love some support as well. Mabey we could keep each other motivated
  • dbie91
    dbie91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello,name Debbie. I never been skinny an i need to loose 20-30 pounds.i want to stay healthy and fit too! Willing to chat with any partner in crime.