Fling into Spring Check-In

Options
KarenZen
KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
I don't know how to make a communal spreadsheet, so here's a thread to post all our challenge stuff.

Replies

• carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I think I figured out how to make the spreadsheet. Can everyone please private message me their email address and I will see if this works. Thanks!!!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Thanks, Cari! Pat and Norah and Heather know how to do one on the Cloud or something like that, so we all just click on a link. Is that what you've done? I'm okay with either way.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    yes, I think that's how I did it... but I need the email addresses of those allowed to access and update it.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I will send you my email address, but on other challenges they put the spreadsheet on Google docs and put the link on the group site and we just click that link and it opens up...have not had to submit my email address before.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Just saying hay. I know I have been gone for a while. Just that time of year (you have to diaper every once and a while or they will take a way my loner card). I'll take a look around and catch up.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in for Spring Fling...though a couple of days late. I've been so off track lately that this might just be the thing to help me get back into it and stay on it. I'm keeping my goals pretty simple to make it more about consistency and getting back into some better habits again.

Nutrition:
    --log every day
    --hit my target at least 5 out of 7 days

Fitness:
    --work out 3x for 20 minutes week one
    --work out 4x for 25 minutes week two
    --work out 5x for 30 minutes week three
    --work out 5x for 40 minutes week four

Weight:
    2/23: 287.6
    3/1:
    3/8:
    3/15:
    3/22:

Goal for 3/1: 285.6 (-2 lbs)

Alright , here we go!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Figured I better post these where I can find them again...

Fitness goals
    For now, I'm going with a four week, fling into spring plan.
    Mon Morning: Aqua Tai Chi and Weight Training at Casco Bay
    Tues & Thurs Evening: Aqua Toning class and Harness Swimming at Pineland
    Weds Morning: Weight Training at Casco Bay
    Fri Evening: Laps at Casco Bay
    Sat Morning: Aqua Zumba and Weight Training at Casco Bay
    Sun: Day of Rest, or laps if I feel like it

Nutrition:
    Record daily food in MFP
    Record Water intake
    Follow Bariatric Program Instructions for meals and water
    Take vitamins, supplements, and meds as instructed

Weight:
    Weigh In Weekly
    2/22
    3/1
    3/8
    3/15
    3/22
    Reasonable goal: 410 by 3/22
    Dream goal: 399 by 3/22
    Super Special Dream goal: 394 by 3/22 (that's my 100 lb mark)
  • KarenZen
    Options
    RatPat13 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. Just saying hay. I know I have been gone for a while. Just that time of year (you have to diaper every once and a while or they will take a way my loner card). I'll take a look around and catch up.

Pat, I'm going to assume you meant "disappear," otherwise it's just too weird. Bwahahahahaa!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I'm adding in an incentive to spring fling--something from my vintage jewelry collection for the winner! And if I win, I get to buy myself a new piece!

Here's the scoring:
    Nutrition: 3 points per day if you met all your goals, 2 points if you met most, 1 point if you made an honest effort, 0 if you really bombed.
    Fitness: same as above
    Weight: 5 points if you hit your weekly goal, 3 points if you got at least halfway there, 1 point for ANY loss or staying the same, 0 points for a gain. Weigh in on Sunday or Monday.

We can add in some mini challenges for extra points.

Here's a mini for today. Earn 1 point for each person in the group to whom you send an encouraging priivate message within the next 48 hours. Maximum 5 points.

I know that's a lot of math, lol, but it's good for your brain.
    Honor system for points...maybe we can add a column to the spreadsheet for the running total? Point earnings will run from today through March 21.
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    column added to the spreadsheet!!!!
  • carimiller7391
    Options
    Zac and Karen and anyone else trying to use the link... it's open now. Sorry, just learning how to work this.

Cari
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Got onto the spreadsheet. Thanks!
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Ok, let me put this done so I can see them too as Karen has mentioned.
    (I just gained some weight...again, so put that down as starting weight!)

Fitness goals: At least 10K steps in 5 days a week
    Beginners Squat Challenge: Follow the program laid out (now on Day 3)
    4 days a week-some form of weight lifting (could be lift two cats up and
    down while watching TV, if I am mad...throw a chair out the window, in
    cleaning mode...lift furniture out of the way to vacuum etc, )

Nutrition goals: Stay within my 1200 calorie range a day
    Drink 5 glasses of water (that is pushing the limit for trips to the
    bathroom at work!!
    Minimize BREAD intake to just 2 slices if I have an urge to eat it!!

Weight goal: 12 pounds total
    2/22 : 210
    3/1: 207
    3/8 204
    3/15 200
    3/22 198

Personal Goal: DECLUTTER and get rid of STUFF that I am not using/wearing/eating or anything that is just taking up space and I will NEVER use. I want to get rid of A LOT of STUFF....God forbid that I die today, and someone has to clean up my place....I must have over 500 pens and pencils I have collected over the past 10 years...for no reason at all!! Or the 50 prs of shoes...and I only wear 5 of them! lol....I am not a 'hoarder' per say (OK, I may hoard cats), but I sure have a lot of STUFF and I am NOT moving it back 'home' when I make that move!! I can see a HUGE garage sale coming on!!

My problem will be flying 'home' on March 10 for 2 weeks! although I have already called Curves to go to that place while I am home. Never have tried it, but at least I will get off my big bum and go do something! I walk a lot when i am 'home' in AZ too.

Now I need to update my goals on the spreadsheet, coz putting them down just now above......, is more realistic than what I previously entered on the spreadsheet.

Cari thanks for doing the spreadsheet! I am going to have to learn to do one of those....That is stepping out of my comfort zone!! Never to old to learn!!

• catladyksa
    Options
    Hey Karen, can't find the place to add bonus points on the spreadsheet>>>
  • KarenZen
    Options
    I think it's the column on the far right . it says total points.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Busy afternoon of running errands with the beloved man. Heading to the gym later for some aquasize and laps. Do I get extra points for going out in this cold????
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think you get extra points for having to leave the house to exercise in the first place!

I did a 30 minute exercise video today to make up for not exercising Thursday and Friday morning. I figure my new plan will be to exercise at least 5 days a week, 3 of which will have to be M-F. If I'm good and exercise during the week, the weekend will be my time to relax. If I need two days to get extra sleep, I need to make up that time on the weekend.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Woohoo, good for you, Kaliya!

I got a good 45 minutes of laps in yesterday. May do it again today if Jim wants to work out (he made some noises).

Go team!
  • catladyksa
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mini goals update for March 1:

Lost a couple pounds.
    Decluttered my bedroom drawers/closets etc and it felt great!
    Did my squats and my thighs are aching.
    Got 3 days out of 5 in for my 10K, so will try harder this week!
    Water goals not met....but trying to drink a bit more, just am never thirsty!!