March Veg Out Challenge

Options
carolssalva
carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
30 Vegtables in 30 Days.
Just be sure to get in any 30 veggies & track them.

There is a downloadable tracking form. There is also a social media feature but doesn't seem to work very well.
I'm going old school with the form.

http://www.vegoutwithrfs.org/

For registration you can join team Fat2Fit HQ.

I'm out of pocket so thanks to Jen, Kim, Kris, Kevin & John for getting this started.

You can join us any day in March...just join in!

Replies

• beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much sticking to the form, while recording every week or two on the site. But I'll check I to this thread with each veggie.

Hope everyone joins! Sooner the better. Or you'll have 30 different veggies to eat on March 30!
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    Options
    Funny, for someone who has no access to the internet, I'm sure seeing a lot of posts from Carol here and on Facebook. Hehehe...

The whole VegOut site is a pain, so I'm just going to download the form like you Carol. We have your little world here that we can communicate on. Go Team Fat2FitHQ! :smiley:
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Jen, I don't wanna sign up to another site. I will post my veggies here.
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Perfect! Let's just challenge ourselves! I do like the tracking sheet.

Jen!! I have no
  • carolssalva
    Options
    Oops! I have no cellular data Jen!! So only when we stop by cousins house can I access wifi. And it's spotty. But yeah... Where there's a will...
    Options
    Oops! I have no cellular data Jen!! So only when we stop by cousins house can I access wifi. And it's spotty. But yeah... Where there's a will...

Hehehe. Was just messin' with ya Carol. :wink:
  • carolssalva
    Options
    I know Jen.... Exactly why I heart you!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan,,,
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'm into it!
  • beerbikegirl
    Options
    That site is making me bonkers.

If you'd rather not be bonkers like me:

Today's suggested veggie is Cauliflower

And because some of the links to the tracker on the site are not working, I put the tracker into google docs for you guys to grab if you don't want to mess with the site, And be bonkers. Click here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0FZ5_CC6oBgRFc2aENEZm56RDA/view?usp=sharing

The site is a great idea, good suggestions, so I'm not totally discouraging you from going there. Just warning that if you are easily frustrated, take a chill pill first.
    Options
    I'm already bonkers and don't need anything to make me more so. I just downloaded the tracker and will use that and post on here my veggies. Thanks for sharing out the tracker.
  • GoodDaytoYou
    Options
    Yeah, thank you! I was wondering if things like tomatoes and avocados would be considered. Good link.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Today purple top turnips. Love sautéed turnips yum. When you sautéed it, it has almost the same consistency as potatoes
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Kim, Bless you for posting the Google doc. I couldn't download the doc. Bonkers Kristin will do what you are going to do and post weekly on there. Everything else is here.

Sauteed a pile of spinach with onions this morning and had a veggie scramble. Yum!

I had sent a message to Jen on the the VO site, but will also ask here. Does it have to be one a day or can you knock out several a day. My workday lunches have a minimum of five veggies and that doesn't even count dinner.

Bought some of that funky looking broccoli you shared Kim. Having that tomorrow:)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    p00a5s8stcjr.jpg

Did a Brussels Sprout Medley, Sauteed in Garlic Butter, with Purple Onions, fresh Mushrooms, and some Peperoni strips, spiced with Cumin, and Ginger. Served with Cajun Sausage.
  • beerbikegirl
    Options
    Kris, I'm just going to log veggies. Not days. Getting 30 different ones will be the tricky thing.

Today I had spinach in my omelette. And green beans with dinner.
  • GoodDaytoYou
    Options
    I had Byerly's salad bar. With spinach, romaine, broccoli, peas, carrots, corn and more yummy things.
    Options
    Kris, I think the plan is to just log a different veggie each day. Heck, I had three yesterday (salad) but I only logged the spinach. But hey, since the site seems to be a pain in the ***, we can do whatever we want. :wink:
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I like your thinking Jen and great job to all! I am going to try and find things that I have not eaten before.
    Options
    kris3b wrote: »
    I like your thinking Jen and great job to all! I am going to try and find things that I have not eaten before.

I was asked by a YouTube subscriber if we could have our veggies in butter. Hehehe... I said heck, smother them in cheese too!