Season 5 - Episode 12 - "Remember" - 03/01/15

Options
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 03/01/15 episode.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:
amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-512-the-walking-dead-remember

YouTube Preview:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=7Lp5DvG9oBc

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    This town gives me the creeps. Something just doesn't seem right.

Carol is brilliant.

That Deanna lady's son is a jackhole and extremely stupid. I cheered when Glenn put him on his behind.

The husband of the lady who cut Rick's hair seems to have a few screws loose. Sensing some jealousy there.

What's up with Rick's secret stash gun disappearing? Who do y'all think took it? I know they discussed it a bit on the Talking Dead afterwards.

Good episode.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Aidan's behaviour was definitely stupid, but I feel like it came from a place of bravado and that he's probably not unstable. He doesn't strike me as being as concerning as the creepy husband on the porch.

Given that Rick's gun stash was raided, I'd be very, very wary. That's the kind of knowledge you spread to the group, tell them to watch their backs at all times. Just because Deanna's people appear to be relatively weak doesn't mean they actually are.

Daryl's still the freaking man. "We brought dinner." Yeees!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't like this town either. It's not just because of Woodbury and Terminus. Something is just off here. Not that I think these people are cannibals.Rick's gun gone is a bad sign. They're being constantly monitored. Why? What's up with the monitoring? What's up with Deanna taping them? I thought maybe Aaron took the gun that Rick hid in the blender.

I loved the backstory Carol gave? Made me laugh.

Aidan I pegged as a dick as soon as he started talking. The language he throws around, mentioning his ROTC experience (like who would care about that in this ZA?!) He was trying to show he was big man on town, but his inexperience showed and I'm glad Glenn took him down a peg or two.

Jessie's husband is creepy. I expected him to say something like.."Stay away from my wife" or "You're not to ask my wife for any more haircuts." I wonder if we will find out that he is emotionally or verbally abusing the family.

I love how Darryl doesn't bother to assimilate. That's so true to his character. I worry that he will take off on his own if he finds this new place too oppressive.

What's up with that girl (Enid?) taking off like that? Was she meeting up with someone in the woods and if so, are they friendly?

Rick definitely needs to tell his group that his gun is missing. I think it's dumb of them to not stay in the same house. I'd insist on that if I were Rick.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    What do you guys think Rick mean at the very end when he said something like if they can't make it then we will take it?
  • BraveNewdGirl
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think Rick feels that after dealing with the Governor's crew, the Termites and Beth's captors, Deanna's people pose little threat and therefore, if things turn, the town can just be taken from them. I'm not sure I'd be so confident, even with Rick's group's history. While the folk in the town seem relatively tame(ish), they could easily be the "Wolves". Duplicity, it's a thing!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Deanna said that they had exiled three men who 'didn't work out' or something like that. I wonder if they're staying close by/plotting revenge? Or maybe they are the "Wolves"?

Loved Carol so completely. Watching her struggle to take off the gun and put it on the cart made my heart go pitter-patter.

I especially loved watching Darryl in Deanna's fancy office/library/mansion carrying his dead possum and grunting at her.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    I loved Darryl just gutting that possum on the front porch like that's what people do on front porches. :D

What will they do if one of them is asked to leave because he or she isn't a good fit?
  • Booksandbeaches
    Options
    I was surprised to learn Jessie was married. Did she mention it when she brought over supplies from the pantry?
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I was surprised to learn Jessie was married. Did she mention it when she brought over supplies from the pantry?

I agree with this!! She seemed to be giving Rick the googly eyes (well he was shirtless so can you blame her??). That was very ominous the way they introduced her husband all shadowy and jealous.

• AnaNotBanana
    Options
    soaps54 wrote: »

What's up with Rick's secret stash gun disappearing? Who do y'all think took it? I know they discussed it a bit on the Talking Dead afterwards.

Good episode.

I wonder if it wasn't that angsty little teenage girl that took it. She was leaving without anyone knowing. And wasn't it her that was watching them from a house before they walked into the compound?

• AnaNotBanana
    Options
    The combination of Daryl and Glenn taking out Adian and his friend gave me serious girl wood!!!! It just showed how little experience the Alexandria group really has in the outside world.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    If Alanna Masterson (Tara) is never a guest on Talking Dead again I would be ok with that. I found her attempts at humor annoying and she tried to monopolize the conversation.

I did think that Timothy Simmons was really good though. He offered a lot of good insights.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    soaps54 wrote: »

Carol is brilliant.

Good episode.

She totally had me fooled!!! When she said she missed Ed I thought "the same guy that beat you?!?! WTF!?!?" Then when she said something to the effect of 'I'm their den mother and they protect me' I caught on to what she was doing and I think it's genius!!! She is trying to integrate herself as fast as possible so she can find out what is really going on in that community. I also had to laugh a little when Daryl told her she looked ridiculous.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    thefeniks wrote: »
    Best parts of the episode were Daryl's lines about bringing dinner and Carol looking ridiculous.

I think the town is exactly what it seems and is just portrayed this way to keep us--and the group--on edge. As far as Rick's gun goes, I get the feeling that somebody else is watching Alexandria and it's inhabitants. The little girl got spooked by something in the woods when Carl was following her. It wasn't a walker or Carl that did it either. Is she a spy for another group? Or was she just scared by somebody else in the woods?

I wonder if she was with the people who got exiled but she stayed because she's not a threat, but maybe one of them is her father/brother or something?

I also think whoever took the gun set up the zombie-under-the-trash trap because that walker wasn't there when Rick hid the gun. So I don't think it was the girl but someone definitely is living around there. And I bet she is connected to them. I couldn't tell if she got spooked or if she figured that Carl was following her and took off just to lose him.

• Booksandbeaches
    Options
    I don't know if as viewers we're supposed to expect certain conversations are happening away from the camera, but I don't know how we know what they talk about if they don't show it. Two key conversations need to happen. Rick needs to tell everyone about the missing gun and the walker that was hidden that wasn't there before. And Carl needs to tell everyone, at least Rick for sure, that Enid secretly leaves the compound.

If Alanna Masterson (Tara) is never a guest on Talking Dead again I would be ok with that. I found her attempts at humor annoying and she tried to monopolize the conversation.

I did think that Timothy Simmons was really good though. He offered a lot of good insights.

Yep, she's not that great. I also think Lauren Cohen when she's on isn't that much of a participant on Talking Dead either.

I like that lady from Community. I forget her name. She is a big fan of the show and she's been on Talking Dead several times. She knows the show really well. She offers good commentary plus as a comedienne, she is naturally funny.

• sofaking6
    Options
    thefeniks wrote: »

One other thing I liked was how Rick covered up Noah after he covered Carl when he got up. Just a subtle way to show how Rick has welcomed Noah into the group and to further show how Rick views them all as his family.

I liked how Rick and Michonne were both up in the middle of the night and Rick called it - they are back in synch so even though they disagreed, the group is strong. Also liked Rick and Carl's moment killing walkers. When Carl showed up right when Rick found the gun missing, I feel like it was probably the first time Rick saw him as solid backup rather than just a kid who fights well...for a kid.

• BraveNewdGirl
    Options
    I can't be the only one who was a little choked up by Carl's difficulty interacting with the other kids his age. Poor kid.