Goals for March

Options
Astraea05
Astraea05 Posts: 248 Member
Can't believe March is already here and I have been shopping for a swimming suit. I want to amp up my exercise and really watch my calories for March. Would love to loose 10 lbs but know that is a bit unrealistic for me. But going to put it out there and challenge myself. Just being careful not to injure myself either. Made that mistake last year! Would love to hear everyone's goals and plans for March.

Replies

• trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Let's see...

We have a surprise move in two weeks (unexpected, but a good thing!), which I know has the potential to throw things off. However, my goal is to not let it toss me off course, but instead use the move for extra exercise and less time for eating. ;)

I'd like to lose ten pounds, get 8+ cups of water most days and get in a minimum of 50 miles on the treadmill. Between time taken for moving and doing other exercises each week, I think 50 miles should be enough of a challenge for March, even though it might not seem like much!
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, sorry for being AWOL and will continue to be for the next few weeks to a few months. I am not emotionally doing well. My husband and over 100 of my co-officemates will be losing their jobs this year. Everybody is emotionally drained at work. From 400 employees prior to 2008, we will be down to less than 100. I am trying to stay healthy.

Miss you ladies.
  • trimminit
    Options
    Praying for you. You just tend to your family and your health, and the gals here will handle everything just fine, I am sure. Hugs.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    February was...well...So happy that it's March now. While I'm disappointed that I did not have any weight loss to show for the month, I'm very happy that I also did not have a weight gain. I am just sooooo ready to see the 160s. So, while I have all of my usual goals to track my food, do cardio, and eat "real" food (not processed), my real goal for the month of March is to see the number 169 on the scales by March 31st. The other stuff is just how I propose to get there.

Also, so glad to see that we are continuing to track our progress and encourage each other in this group. I know it will all work out.

Christine - I will be thinking about you and remembering you, your family and officemates in prayer. Even if you don't have time to help manage the group for a little bit or log anything, please make the time to sign in to the group when you can so that we can continue to support you as you go through this tough time. Thank you for all that you do.
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Christine, I agree with Julia and Kris. Please take care of yourself and husband but stay in touch. Praying for you all.
  • Christine_1085
    Christine_1085 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I will be back soon. I am still doing weight watchers at work but our program will be affected by the termination of 100 plus jobs. Let us see how far it goes. I just need time to "detox" and concentrate on my family. Good luck to all. My goal for the March/April is to lose my first 10%. Regards to all
  • Astraea05
    Options
    trimminit wrote: »
    Let's see...

We have a surprise move in two weeks (unexpected, but a good thing!), which I know has the potential to throw things off. However, my goal is to not let it toss me off course, but instead use the move for extra exercise and less time for eating. ;)

I'd like to lose ten pounds, get 8+ cups of water most days and get in a minimum of 50 miles on the treadmill. Between time taken for moving and doing other exercises each week, I think 50 miles should be enough of a challenge for March, even though it might not seem like much!

I love the idea of putting exercise in the goals for March! 50 Miles sounds great. I will have to incorporate with minutes like we did in our fitness challenge last time. Good attitude on the moving. I have moved several times and it never really gets easy. One good way to really clean things out though! Kind of hard to do but also feels good because I tend to be a bit of a pack rat and can't imagine what my house would look like if I didn't have to go through it and get rid of things. Good luck on our move!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    JuliaMLN wrote: »
    February was...well...So happy that it's March now. While I'm disappointed that I did not have any weight loss to show for the month, I'm very happy that I also did not have a weight gain. I am just sooooo ready to see the 160s. So, while I have all of my usual goals to track my food, do cardio, and eat "real" food (not processed), my real goal for the month of March is to see the number 169 on the scales by March 31st. The other stuff is just how I propose to get there.

Also, so glad to see that we are continuing to track our progress and encourage each other in this group. I know it will all work out.

Awesome goal to see the 160's! I am interested in hearing more about clean eating. I have always thought everything in moderation until I have been learning how there is so much wrong with all the processed food! Really hard to find anything in a can that does not contain corn syrup!
  • Astraea05
    Options
    I will be back soon. I am still doing weight watchers at work but our program will be affected by the termination of 100 plus jobs. Let us see how far it goes. I just need time to "detox" and concentrate on my family. Good luck to all. My goal for the March/April is to lose my first 10%. Regards to all

Nice goal for March April! Let us know what works so well with the weight watchers when things settle down for you. Best of luck with everything and know we will be here. Good to take time with your family. Prayers to get you through all of this!
  • trimminit
    Options
    Bridget and Amy,
    Do you want us to stick with teams, teams according to eating plan, or do something different?
  • trimminit
    Options
    Thank you, Sara!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    trimminit wrote: »
    Bridget and Amy,
    Do you want us to stick with teams, teams according to eating plan, or do something different?

Hi, Because of our numbers, we thought it would be best to have two teams. That way, there are enough people to give support, but still have some competition. :-). I will post a new thread with the teams.

• trimminit
    Options
    I love that idea!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Love the weigh-in chart and the teams!