Food diaries please

Options
I am struggling here with eating enough and keeping within macros. There are so many diaries I see where they use a lot of protein shakes and protein bars. I want to eat food and not use protein shakes. I really would like to see food diaries of people eating 2200-2400 a day without the use of those aids?? Anyone really eating well (keep in mind I didn't say clean, "healthy") I am just wanting a balanced menu plan to see how you all are eating. Thank you :)

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Once in a while I do use a protein shake because it's the easiest way for me to get in some extra protein and quickly - it gives a big power punch of protein along with my yogurt. But most days I do eat food. I think I'm eating really well overall - I try to get around my protein macro (minimum of 100 grams) and then fit all my other food around it. I do have chocolate or chips or something else that I enjoy almost every day. (yesterday was unusual for me in terms of not having fruit or veg)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    mines open, i eat what i want and no shakes or bars or.... 'special' stuff LOL
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    i think mine's open as well :)
  • Kristendcampbell
    Kristendcampbell Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Thank you the more I see the better
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to look at mine it's open. I do use whey but the more I increase my calories the less dependent on that I'm becoming.
  • Kristendcampbell
    Options
    Thank you
  • jalarson23
    jalarson23 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    There is so much room for misinterpretation from these representations of the data. I wouldn't stress it too much if I were you unless you are consistently not hitting your goal somewhere. In that case, I would look for where I need to improve and make adjustments accordingly. I would start by researching the daily recommended intake and see what you find. There is also a lot of contradicting information out there. I would argue your average daily totals are more important than one day out of context as well.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My goal is at 2100-2150. Diary's wide open. I do supplement 2-3 times weekly with protein shakes, just because I'm lazy and in a hurry sometimes--could very well just eat Greek yogurt instead (1 cup=24g protein).

Oh, and although I subscribe to every other guideline of EM2WL, I do not follow the 40C/30F/30P split during resets and bulks--that's just TOO much protein and fat for my body with the higher calorie intake (medical issues). I'm more like 50/25/25, which is a good balance for me.
  • Kristendcampbell
    Options
    I have eating below BMR for more than 5 years. My MIL is a trainer and has a machine that did a test for the amount of Fat and calories for my BMR. It is about 100 more than on the other BMR calculators and I am getting almost to that calorie amount, but I am exercising too. So it is a struggle for me to eat and get in enough good calories ( protein, veg etc). I am just trying to see what you eat to get your calories up. and it helps to see what you eat for breakfast and lunch.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I find it easier, based on the Recommended daily amounts from the ChooseMyPlate.gov site, to measure in ounces. If your worried about protein then make sure you get at least 5 oz * a day (for Women 31 - 50, for example) Visit the USDA website for a more detailed description.

*These amounts are appropriate for individuals who get less than 30 minutes per day of moderate physical activity, beyond normal daily activities.
  • attackcat64
    attackcat64 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My diary should be open as well. I was at 2400 a day all last week and this week I'm bumping it up to 2800 to figure out my true TDEE. Feel free to take a look...I do have one protein shake that I like to use most days, but other than that, it's just basic food :)