Sorry

Options
cwms3rd
cwms3rd Posts: 31 Member
Sorry I have not been here to support you guys but I am not getting any support at home. It gets hard to when the person you look to for support at home is eating chips and cookies half the night. Stay strong and never loss sight of your goals.

Replies

• LadyRowyn
    LadyRowyn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It is very hard when other people don't try to support you. Maybe sit down talk with them about it. I've actually taken to cooking and buying food and snacks specifically for myself and no one is allowed to eat it unless they want to get in on my lifestyle change.

You can do it!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I understand I refuse to buy the junk shopping so they just go get it later at the convince store! I hope you find a way to work this out! Hopefully you can find some support in a time when you feel you can't give any
  • cinaminy79
    cinaminy79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It is hard. I completely understand. I have to watch my family eat McDonald's chips cookies mt dew and so much more. It's hard to stay motivated when they say.. "just this time.. it won't hurt you" or "you know you want this". I don't think they understand the true struggle. I buy my own food and try to plan my weekly meals so it's easier to say no. You have support here! Stay strong. You can do this!!
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing. I had a few hard days thanks to it. Just post here when it gets tough!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Even if you take two steps forward and then one back, you are still one step ahead!

Maybe exercise in the evening during your families snacking time? That way you are not tempted?

The truth is, we cannot expect those around us to not eat food they want just because we cannot control ourselves around it, that is not fair. We have to be responsible for our own actions......
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Even if you take two steps forward and then one back, you are still one step ahead!

Maybe exercise in the evening during your families snacking time? That way you are not tempted?

The truth is, we cannot expect those around us to not eat food they want just because we cannot control ourselves around it, that is not fair. We have to be responsible for our own actions......

+1

I have found that between my commute, work hours, sleep, and cardio/bodyweight training that I only have time for maybe an hour a day of tv, and that used to be my prime mindless eating time. Now I don't get hungry as often at home, because I don't have time to worry myself over it.

The busier you can keep the better, and it won't matter what they are eating (to your health that is...).
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My husband was similar at first, but after seeing the changes in me - he decided he wanted to change too. Leading by example is the key I believe. People will eat food in front of you and it's up to you to either be strong enough willed not to partake, or to plan ahead and add it into your calories. Stay strong my friend!
  • cwms3rd
    cwms3rd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for ur support!