March 2

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
It looks like the year is quickly passing us by yet again. I swear it was just the holidays. Oh well. This weekend was not my best haha. I had several parties I went to and I had a bit more to eat than I should have. the good news is that I am in a good mood today and I am ready for a solid week or eating well and exercising.

How did everyone else fare over the weekend?

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hey Zac, I keep checking in to see if someone is posting--yay!--thank you!!! Sometimes I feel like I'm just posting and babbling into the abyss. Then you or Nancy post (or your dog sends me a Facebook message, haha) and I don't feel so alone in my battle.

This weekend I had my first taste of sugar since mid-November, a small piece of pie, and I am crawling the walls today. That's all I can think about, like a lunatic-crazed-meth addict dying for a fix. Ummmm... Yeah... Maybe sugar abstinence is STILL a good idea. That brief taste is just not worth the cravings that follow.

Otherwise, I'm also facing the week with optimism! Looking forward to my aquasize classes. Going to do a food plan for the week so I don't scrounge. Spending some time on my laptop working on writing projects. Progress!

How about the rest of you all? Go team go!
    K.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Zac and Karen and everyone who post later,

Week 1 done and it wasn't bad..... just not what I had hoped for. I need to get back to work which I will next week. I go back on Monday the 9th. I need the structure again as even though I had RNY, I still crave BIG TIME and with me being home and cold and snowy, cravings get pretty bad. At work, I will be busier and structured. I've never said looking forward to work, but am looking forward to structure in my day.

I'm going to adjust my exercise goals a bit.
    Sun/Tues/Thur: 30+ squats per day
    10 arm exercises
    Mon/Wed/Fri: 30+ wall push ups a day
    12 week walking program adjusted
    Sat: Designated rest day

I woke up this morning and am facing this last week off with a bit of optimism. I need to really buckle down this last week off and work on my vits/mins......

Have a great day everyone!!!

Cari
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't my best day, but it wasn't my worst, either. I went to bed really late the night before and couldn't bring myself to get up even earlier to exercise, so I didn't. Then my boyfriend wanted pizza for dinner, and I have a really, really hard time saying no to pizza.

The good news is that I stuck to 2 pieces and was only over by 89 calories. We're having the leftovers tonight, and I actually exercised this morning, so I should be fine on calories today, even if my food choices aren't that great.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Well...what can I say. It has been a strange week for me. Getting my steps in, nutritional ups and downs....and the icing on the cake...so I take off walking to work this morning (I live on a compound of the facility I work with)...so walking to work, past the HR building, under some trees, and a BIRD POOPED and it landed on my NOSE!! I mean, if I had been a second later...it would have landed on my head, a second sooner, it would have landed on the ground...but NO...on my NOSE!! The ONLY positive thing about the incident was that it was NOT a big pigeon or dove , just a little bird. The poop was GROSS! I wear face makeup..so without missing a beat, I took my water bottle out, used my kleenex and wiped the brown, ucky stuff off...which also removed my makeup in the middle of my face. So I had a gel disinfectant in my purse (being in healthcare..I have tons of the stuff), and wiped my nose off....then as I continued to walk, I took out the base makeup I had in my purse...which did NOT match what i had on my face...but at that time...who cares....I needed to cover up that big reddish skin complexion that had no make up on it!! What a hoot!!!

So please tell me...it is true...if a bird poops on you , you will have good luck!!

• KarenZen
    Options
    Yes, absolutely. Wonderful luck! That bird was just saying thank you for taking in all those stray cats and keeping them fed. I'll buy a lottery ticket tomorrow in your honor.

Is it just me or is this the most dragging-*kitten* move toward spring EVER? Maybe it's just here in the Northeast where the cold snap started in the beginning of January and just hasn't let up, where we still have SIX FEET of snow on the lawn and I'm sleeping under two comforters and an electric blanket while wearing a flannel nightgown and socks. Thank god Jim is a heat producer, or the cat and I would have frozen this winter. No matter how hard you get the wood stove going, when the nights drop down to -22, nothing keeps the house warm.

This week I have these great plans to get out and do my laps and do my classes, but I had to switch my priorities around a bit to get through a TON of paperwork that has piled up in my office. Jim is like an absent-minded professor, brilliant at obscure things like semiconductors and electronics, but an absolute fumbling idiot when it comes to practical matters like paying the bills on time, balancing the checkbook, following up on paperwork, so years and years ago, we just gave up on sharing that task, and it became mine. Fine when I was healthy and my mind was functioning, but the last couple of years of being chronically sick and in chronic pain have taken a toll in the paperwork department. I have tons of filing just stuffed in boxes, unopened mail piled up everywhere, and stupid, stupid mistakes to fix (example--the IRS sent us a notice last year that they'd audited Jim's 2013 return and we now owed $3800 because we deducted mortgage interest we shouldn't have... WRONG... my name is first on the mortgage, his second, so apparently the mortgage company only sent the IRS the statement in my name/social... all I need to do is get a copy of the mortgage interest with his name on it, send it in, all fixed, right? Noooo... instead I let it sit in a pile until now they're going to put a lien on our house, garnish wages, god knows what else....AAAAARRGGGGHHHHH). Anyway, stuff like this is piled up, all of it ultimately fixable, but I need to spend a lot of hours sorting through the paperwork, making lists of what forms, phone calls, etc. that I need to do to complete each fix, and send it out into the universe.

That's my VERY long winded way of saying that I'm still trying to get my spring fling stuff done, but I'm shifting all over the place so I can spend my days in my dirty nightgown, hair unwashed, ripping open old mail and shooting off emails and making calls like a complete lunatic. Right now, as I'm in the crazy, I actually feel good that I'm finally taking this on. The pile has been growing and growing for over a year, and the fact that I feel well enough to attack it speaks volumes for my recovery. So freaking YAY YAY YAY. This is my figurative bird poop, LOL.

Well gang, obviously I'm on a computer this evening this evening, typing like a mad woman. I should jump on the spreadsheet while I'm here and get my name on it finally. I earned some points this week and lost three pounds, hurrah. Every movement down is GOOD. Hope you are all well today. The sun is coming, the warmth is coming, the flowers will bloom, and just think about how good we'll look in our summer outfits.

K.
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say I miss you all. I kinda feel lost. This is where I come to chat and such but I am not doing the challenge, so I just come in and check on all of you. Keep plugging away! :smile:

Diana
  • KarenZen
    edited March 2015
    Options
    artelyn wrote: »
    I just wanted to say I miss you all. I kinda feel lost. This is where I come to chat and such but I am not doing the challenge, so I just come in and check on all of you. Keep plugging away! :smile:

Diana

Diana, you don't need to do the challenge to be here! Just come in and babble away. I Iike the company! And I miss you!
    K.