Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, March 2nd - 8th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello everyone!! It's time for a new week = new thread! Hope everyone is doing great!

My goals for this week are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days this week (But still be mindful of what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site)
7. Go to bed by 10pm six nights this week

How about you? What are your goals?

Weekly Mini Goal

Try one new fruit or vegetable this week. Tell us what it is, how you prepared it and if you liked it or not!

Replies

• astro_katie
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry I've been MIA all last week (BFF had her dad pass so I've been with her, funeral is tomorrow).
    Food has been so-so (healthy but portion size was massive).

Goals:
    1. Log everyday and copy to Instagram
    2. Use soda water with orange juice/ diet cordial flavours (trying to say no to coke etc).
    3. Do 10 mins of walking in my crutches three times this week.
    4. Do water physio 4 times this week.
    5. After water physio, do 20mins (1min fast/1min slow kicking) twice this week.

I'll get back to you on the mini goal. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • michellewalker8866
    michellewalker8866 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I have not been very good with my logging these couples of weeks. I am starting a new now.

Goals for this week are:

1. Work out 5 times this week (no cardio due to knee injury)
    2. Get my water in.
    3. Try not to get red lines on my vivofit (if do get them off as soon as possible)
    4. Stay within my daily calories

On the weekly mini goal:
    I'm not a big fan of different vegetables. But I am going to try this challenge.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    simple goals for me this week due to busy week and super tight schedule

1. hydrate 4 x
    2. workout 3 x
    3. try to post to 2 threads this week :)

I'm all over this goal, I'm trying to integrate more veggies.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good evening, I'm new to your group but liking how things look, I figured it was time to dive into the posts

Goals for this week:
    1. Log every day
    2. Test blood sugar at least 3 times this week ... I'm diabetic and terrible at it
    3. Exercise at least 3 times
    4. Increase water ( im up to 1.5l a day)

Mini goal sounds good I need to go shopping Wednesday after we finally get a new fridge so I will be looking at produce
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Welcome HLaR!!

How often are you supposed to test? I test 8-10 times a day, pain in the butt!
  • cinaminy79
    cinaminy79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Welcome new comers.

My goals this week are:
    1. Water water water
    2. Log every day
    3. Walk at least twice this week
    4. Stay positive!

I'll get back with the mini goal.

Stay strong! Be positive! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • rdmoore85
    rdmoore85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! And welcome to HLaR79!

Goals for the week:
    1. Reduce the number of snacks I eat daily
    2. Get at least 7 hours of rest each night
    3. Avoid Breads for the week
    4. Continue to log meals and exercise daily.

I won't be able to do the mini goal this week since I'm at work on a ship. I have no choice in food other that what has been prepared.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Welcome HLaR!!

How often are you supposed to test? I test 8-10 times a day, pain in the butt!

I am supposed to test about 5 times a week on both sides of a meal, it limits the poking 10 pokes a week total! I do about once a week and usually only if I am feeling lousy!
  • WVMountainMamma
    WVMountainMamma Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Getting back on track after 5 days off. Goal this week is just stay under my goal and no fast food.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Nice to see some new faces again!

WVMountain - I find that too....when I fall off the wagon, I fall off for several days before I am strong enough to climb back on....you are back, that is the important part!

HLaR - How long have you had diabetes? I am guessing you are a type two and not on shots if you are testing that little. You really should test more often, and aim for good control, it makes all the difference.....I am a type one, for 27+ years.....good control is so important and makes a big difference in quality AND quantity of life!

Things are going pretty good for me so far this week.....today I bought a small amount of nuts from the balk barn and came home and divided them into 26 gram portions and I have 20 baggies! I would have never thought it was that many servings!!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Italian: I am type 2, and not on insulin! I kinda went from maintaining at a pre-diabetic level for 6 years and then as I got into my 30's it all went downhill I gained a tonne more of weight (80 lbs over a 5 year period) and now my diabetes and blood pressure are out of control I'm 324 lbs and at a total loss as to what happened! I don't even remember at what point I couldn't tie my shoes or put on my own socks it just happened! I have to gain control, which is what led me here!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    HLaR- Feel free to add me if you want.....even though we are different types of diabetic, there are more similarities than not.....

Today went well, I got my steps in, but not more than three active minutes.....spend most of the day moseying around lol

• astro_katie
    Options
    Hey hey!
    Just super quick update. Been busy as a bee this week but managed to do the mini goal. I had zucchini, grated and mixed into an egg muffin. Was really delicious! Going to make more as it's simple and could be a staple for breakfasts.

Going to be an even busier weekend as I'll have three of my BFFs to hang with(Fri-Mon), there will be lots of food and drink but I'll make sure to plans what I can (breakfast and snacks). And make the best choices I can (including portion sizes) with everything else.

Other goals are on track.

Keep up the portioning, the walking and the no fast fooding. Happy thoughts to all!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Katie - what is an egg muffin?

Hope you have a great weekend with your friends!!!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I just can not get my stuff together. I am gaining weight back. I really need to work on my food. so I need everyones help, what are some meals you eat that are helping you?
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @Skittles2183‌ I eat basically the same every day to help me not have to track so much.
    • Slim Fast or Protein Shake with Milk on the way to work (1.5 hour drive)
    • 3 pieces of Sara Lee 45 calorie bread (toasted while brewing coffee in the AM)
    • Banana when I get hungry
    • Country Omlette Muffins around 11-12
    • Muesli around 3
    • Apple on the drive home (1.5 hour drive again)
    • Dinner (Usually with Meat, Veggies, and possibly a starch)

I make 12 country omlettes (scrambled eggs with cheese, chicken (I use Tyson precooked chicken breasts strips) and veggies mixed in) every 6 days. This is a great little protein boost and "sticks to your ribs" as my grandmother would have said. @astro_katie I assume this is roughly what you make?

I also make 12 portions of Muesli (rolled oats, steel cut oats, dried fruit, and I put on protein powder) every 12 days. Every night I pour in a ½ cup of low sugar apple juice in one, and place it in the fridge; by lunchtime the next day it's soft and delicious.

Hope it helps.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thanks Italian I will add you,
    Skittles: I hope you get back to a good place for you! When I have a working fridge I like to keep boiled eggs, makes a snappy meal or good Protein snack, Other then that I don't have much advice but I see some good stuff posted!

Goal update: I've been logging, I've checked my sugar twice this week, and I have not reached my 2l but I am actively working on it and not slipping back to my soda habit! Have not hit the mini goal, we still don't have a working fridge so I didn't get to shopping yet!

• chris2365
    chris2365 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are:

1. Probiotic supplement and yogurt daily
    2. Pre-plan next day's food using MFP diary every evening
    3. Stop eating at 9 pm
    4. No coffee after 9 pm (yes, really)
    5. Hit my calorie and fiber goals daily
    6. Lights out by 11:30 pm each night
    7. Log weight & pulse daily (which is motivating to me)

I'm trying to get back on the bandwagon. I would like to commit to a year of taking care of myself. I've had trouble falling off the self-care wagon but it's past time.

Right now until I get my eating under control and I feel like I'm in a good groove, I'm not going to push myself to exercise hard. If I lose some weight, I know that I'll feel motivated to exercise. Cardio isn't difficult for me (the magic of audiobooks while I'm walking!), but strength training is more difficult to stick to, even though I know it will make me feel so much more confident and healthy. Oh well, one thing at a time.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Skittles - I know it sucks when you hit a slump! You have been doing so well, I am very confident you will make it through this! I eat a lot of grilled chicken strips, oikos greek yogurt (its the only greek yogurt that does not feel like it has sand in it lol), and peanut butter with apples....and of course, there is all the walking, walking and walking!

I am in a bit of a slum too, with sleeping and exercise. I cannot for the life of me get to bed at a decent hour! I feel like I am busy until 9-10pm and then I need at least a few hours of down time before I can sleep, so I am going to bed averaging about 1am. Then I end up sleeping until the last minute before going to work or having to go out for the day, which is turn, is leaving no time for the gym. I am still getting my steps in nearly every day, but I need more than that....I really need to get this in check!

ScrAngX - Don't you get sick of eating the same thing every day? I have a friend that does that and I just do not understand it! I could never do that, I get sick of things after just a few days.

HLaR - Thanks for the add! How are your blood sugars this week?

Welcome chris! Never thought of audio books, I wonder if I would be able to focus on that while walking.....

Mini goal - I tried dragon fruit....being a fruit I just cut it up and ate it....I did not care for the texture, it was sponge like, but it tasted alright!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys, I hit a low, I did weigh my self and I just didn't want to. I cried too about it. I'm 318lbs my lowest last year was 304. I seem to always mess something up when I get so close to 300. so today is a new beginning for me. as for breakfast I made a smoothie. Its really good and use to be my go to smoothies for breakfast or a snack at night. I know my work outs as good. its the food thats bad. this is 320 cals, what does everyone think of this meal? good bad? I'm here for all in put to help me out.

United Dairy - 1% Low Fat Milk, 0.5 cup
    Essential Everyday - Frozen Blueberries, 1 cup
    Essential Everyday - Blended Vanilla Low Fat Yogurt, 0.5 cup
    Essential Everyday Quick 1-minute Oats - Oatmeal, 0.3 cup