Marvel's Agent Carter new tv show

Options
2»

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I just watched the last 2 episodes and I thought they were the best so far.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    It's been okay so far, I'm hoping for a good payoff at the end with the formation of SHIELD.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Saw the first three episodes and am digging it so far. Plan on sticking with it at least through this season.
  • NicolaMichelle93
    NicolaMichelle93 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I might see if I can find it online, I really want to give it a shot. It always takes so long for things to come to the UK ! Sounds good from what I've read on here though :)
  • jnlaughton
    Options
    For me the art deco and overall work that went into producing a period serial is just amazing plus it's semi cannon for that era.
  • gdjester1
    gdjester1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed it. I thought it might have dragged out a little in the middle though. If think it could have been better at maybe 6 episodes instead of 8. I hope they bring it back. I really like the whole story arc over a shortened season format. Especially as a filler while Agents of SHIELD is on hiatus.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I really don't like AoS but Agent Carter is excellent, IMO - it just seems more subtle than AoS. Plus, I'm a big fan of '40s fashions and music, so for me, it's an all-round win. The only negative thing I have to say about it is the whole Howard Stark mythology. I won't go into it because spoilers but suffice it to say, being reminded of certain aspects of his character every week soon gets old.

I really hope they make another series.
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it is finished before we've even started it in the UK, if we ever get to start it that is!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I saw. I was very pleasantly surprised, was sure it would be canceled!
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    It is so very very frustrating that this is obviously doing well in the US, yet it's not over in the UK in any form. Can't even find a naughty download of it! *Grumble, grumble*
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It didn't do well in the US actually, so it was a bit of a surprise that it got renewed. I hope you guys get it soon.
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    Oh wow, that shocks me, I thought it was popular. Glad the network have had faith in it. Hopefully it means that they have something strong planned for series 2!
  • jonsmithkidd
    Options
    Yes, finally confirmed to be shown in the UK! :)
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I liked the show. It was a bit slow getting into it, but it turned out well. It was renewed, so that's a plus. I think they left off on a very good note though. The story wrapped up well with no cliff hangers.

Unlike Agents of Shield. I cannot wait until next season!
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Addendum to my earlier comment... I gave AoS another go, and ended up binge-watching both series. Needless to say, I love it now!
  • pwatol
    pwatol Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yay! New Agent Carter episodes starting in January!