Help

Options
mountain01
mountain01 Posts: 65 Member
trying real hard to be positive.... But it is very difficult when at the grocery store candy is placed right next to fresh produce! Dang grocery store

Replies

• asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Send "A" to do the groceries instead. lol. All kidding aside. That is weird how they have the aisles set up. Our produce is on the exact opposite side of the store from the junk. Maybe chew gum while shopping or have a snack before going. It has worked for me. Stay strong. All the best.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a special treat each time I went shopping for about a month. It had to be something really good that was from the main part of the store, a small pack of jelly beans or a fresh baked brownies. And I had to sit down at HOME to enjoy it. It didn't make the calories any better, but it helped to avoid the candy at the end and teach me to delay gratification and have a plan. After awhile I was able to stop and I don't even see the candy most times. It really is possible to train yourself to stop these habits.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    ...actually, I think I got it from The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg.
  • mountain01
    mountain01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    asia1967 wrote: »
    Send "A" to do the groceries instead. lol. All kidding aside. That is weird how they have the aisles set up. Our produce is on the exact opposite side of the store from the junk. Maybe chew gum while shopping or have a snack before going. It has worked for me. Stay strong. All the best.
    I should :)
  • Sarah421151
    Sarah421151 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AWWW!! I have a sweet tooth,too. I have make it a game to myself if I can make it through the grocey shopping with out buying candy!! So far I have won! I made it a whole month and I rewarded myself with Weight Watchers Triple Chocolate Ice Cream Bars!!! The new game-only eating one!!! If I behave myself all day and eat healthy, that I get one for dessert!!! I was really behaving so I could have one and after a few days, I totally forgot about them!!