HELP...I can't lose weight!!

Options
lcsimpson17
lcsimpson17 Posts: 4 Member
Hi everyone! I am going through a tough time right now. I got married 9 months ago and have gained almost 25 pounds since then!! I KNOW!!!!! Anyway, in January, my husband and I decided to eat better and rejoin the gym (just minor lifestyle changes). I didn't really see much of a difference in weight so two weeks ago we really went for it! Gym 5 x a week, eating healthy proteins, cutting out soda, junk, etc. and instead of losing weight...which I figured I would lose a few pounds...I didn't lose anything. I know I haven't lost inches either because if anything my pants feel tighter and I even feel bloated!!! I'm 5 foot 4 inches and my current weight is 150 and my goal weight is 125. I'm wondering if any of you are facing this challenge or have faced this challenge and what have you done to see results???

It's pretty discouraging to bust your butt in the gym and resist tempting foods to see nothing on the scale change!!!!

Thank you!!!

Replies

• joannabixler
    joannabixler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First of all - newly wed gain is totally normal. For me, I wanted to cook for my husband and be the perfect wife and ended up eating more than ever . (I don't do this anymore, LOL. He can cook too!) Make sure that you aren't inadvertantly eating as much as he is (assuming he larger than you) or making a rich, calorie dense dinner every night.

As far as the scale movement and bloat- where are you in your menstrual cycle? That can have such a huge impact. Or did you recently start or change birth control?

Keep with the good habits - the weight will come off. I had about a 30 lbs. gain in the four years after I got married and it did take about a year to take it off.
  • lcsimpson17
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Yes, I have done the same thing....cooking big, wonderful meals about 4 nights a week and I already have a big appetite so I was eating almost as much as him during supper, which is something I haven't thought about. The past two weeks, however, we have been eating more salad and dinners that include salmon, grilled chicken wraps, a lot more healthy than what we were eating and I have really been watching portion sizes and during the week I have been eating around 1250 calories ( a little more on the weekends). I changed birth control 2 and a half weeks ago which is when I started my period last.
  • joannabixler
    joannabixler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is so easy to start eating a while lot more than usual when you're feeding your honey. ;) When I was single, I thought nothing of just eating cereal or an egg for dinner, but it felt so wrong to do that after I got married! Menu planning and portion control helped me(along with exercise!)

Your new birth control could have something to do with the bloat. It takes a little bit for your body to adjust.

You got this!!
  • lcsimpson17
    Options
    THANKS!
  • nrsblc
    nrsblc Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can recommend the 5:2 diet since it really, really works wonders. When my weight was stuck I ran into this diet and saw books written about it at a bookstore. It really helps losing the weight and then keeping it off!