Cream Cheese, Bacon & ????

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
Last night I got carried away and ate (9) baked stuffed peppers.

They sure were good. :D But too many carbs! :'(

I like baked bacon and the cream cheese (my new friend). So I was thinking, replace the Peppers with a meat or something that has NO carbs.

Logistically, I would need a substitute that I can stuff or layer. I want to keep the recipe as simple as it was before:

cut - stuff - wrap - bake.

(3) or maybe (4) total ingredients MAX!

Any ideas? Chicken? Ham?

Thank you!

Dan the Man from Michigan

Replies

• stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I plan on making this tonight (Sans salsa). It still has some carbs do to the spices
    ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/02/10-minute-no-chop-low-carb-chili.html

But I bet those little peppers she shows would be awesome wrapped in bacon!

Edit : I totally misread your post. I think if you butterfly a chicken breast and then beat it down into a thin strip, (I forget the technical name for the process) you could wrap that around the cream cheese, and then wrap that in bacon? I am not sure how much leakage you would get. I think I would stay away from the carbs in Ham - just my opinion.
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    prosciutto? Can buy it at walmart.
  • ValentineNicole
    ValentineNicole Posts: 51 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yes! Ham, prosciutto, salami - all of these get pretty crispy baked :)
    -
    ETA: Nothing wrong with the peppers though!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I saw Keto guy Craig take bacon and weave it into a 'basket' then stuffed with other food.
    here is the link for some cool recipes: http://www.ruled.me/?s=bacon+basket

this guy is an amazing creative not-so-amature chef!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What about chicken or steak?

Bash them flat and wrap them around the cream cheese and bacon. Hold it together with skewers/toothpicks. You could wrap them in foil to make a parcel.

You could line muffin pans with the meat/chicken and then add the bacon and cream cheese, sprinkle some cheddar on the top to go all golden and crusty in the oven.

Use salami to line the muffin pans.

Actually, if you were going to use muffin pans you could use minced meats. Mix them with an egg to bind them together and press them around the outside of the muffin pans. Add some Parmesan cheese to the minced meat. Yummmm.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    What about mushroom caps? I don't know how many carbs are in mushroom caps.

Or maybe use the pasta recipe (I know that I breathe, I'm hungry has one) and make them into little raviolis?

If not, you could make little fat bombs by using a mini muffin pan, liberally oiled... The bacon cups would be easier there...

Or what about just making it a casserole type dip to eat with a fork/spook/pork rinds/any other conveyance vehicle?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped bacon! :grinning:

Personally, I'd just spread the cream cheese on the bacon itself, roll it up (maybe do a spiral roll, so each layer is a little offset). Might wrap another piece of bacon around to keep the cream cheese inside. Another idea might be to weave a few slices together, spread cream cheese on it, then roll it up like a pumpkin roll. You could then slice it into "pinwheels."
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    What about chicken or steak?

Bash them flat and wrap them around the cream cheese and bacon. Hold it together with skewers/toothpicks. You could wrap them in foil to make a parcel.

You could line muffin pans with the meat/chicken and then add the bacon and cream cheese, sprinkle some cheddar on the top to go all golden and crusty in the oven.

Use salami to line the muffin pans.

Actually, if you were going to use muffin pans you could use minced meats. Mix them with an egg to bind them together and press them around the outside of the muffin pans. Add some Parmesan cheese to the minced meat. Yummmm.

We think alike. I did that last night. But I was water fasting, and couldn't eat them last night (it was midnight anyway, but I sampled it) so I am eating them today for lunch. Here is a pic:

4azufvkodk44.jpg

Yes, some of the cream cheese oozed out. But for some reason, when it mixes with bacon drippings and then gets a little toasted, it is the BEST tasting thing I think I have ever put in my mouth!!!

Thank you...

• DittoDan
    edited March 2015
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    What about mushroom caps? I don't know how many carbs are in mushroom caps.

Or maybe use the pasta recipe (I know that I breathe, I'm hungry has one) and make them into little raviolis?

If not, you could make little fat bombs by using a mini muffin pan, liberally oiled... The bacon cups would be easier there...

Or what about just making it a casserole type dip to eat with a fork/spook/pork rinds/any other conveyance vehicle?

Mushrooms? Wow, I didn't think of that. They are amoung the lowest carbs there are. I'll look into it, and get back to ya. THANK YOU Knit!

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Seems like more carbs would come from the cheese than the peppers?
    Also, you could, y'know...not eat 9? ;)
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I second the mushrooms, that sounds delicious
  • DittoDan
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    Seems like more carbs would come from the cheese than the peppers?
    Also, you could, y'know...not eat 9? ;)

My taste buds were having a party, and I didn't want to be a "party pooper".... (LOL!)

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Lunch meat.... 3 slices, layer bacon across 3 slices, spread cream cheese on, roll up and bake.
  • JessikaJacobs87
    JessikaJacobs87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this Link. Im going to make cream cheese stuffed ribeye steak wrapped in bacon tonight. I am eating later than normal because I have gaming tonight with my friends and I always snack. So I had a light late lunch and am going to prep some of this for a late dinner. Thanks so much!