March Challenge!

Options
ker95texas
ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
If you'd like to participate, please post your goal/commitment (weight, exercise, habit, 'promise', whatever) here... then we'll check in next Tuesday morning.

Participation is, of course, voluntary whipping.gif

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    For March,
    • I'm going to allow myself ONE box (glaring at myself) of skinny cow ice cream treats. If I eat them all in one day, then I'll just be angry at myself for the next week. Will also try having protein bars around the house. Amazon will deliver a total of 12 bars for the month (i skipped delivery on all others)
    • Unless ankle blows up again, minimum 13,000 steps a day
    • continuing honest (if somewhat painful) logging of food with goal of 1000 calories food less than burned per Fitbit
    • Loss of four pounds by month end
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I want to up my steps per day average for March weeks to 12K. A 20% increase from last month.
    I want to attend at least 3 rec classes per week as well.

I spend way too much time in front of screens - TV, smartphone, computer, Kindle, so I am going to concentrate of those two goals to cut back on screen watching for the whole month.
  • PrairiePride49
    PrairiePride49 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I will log every day - every meal!!!
    I will exercise 4 days a week - up from 3 last month!!
    I will lose 5 pounds this month!!

-
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Posted my goal for this challenge in wrong spot. shoot! I'm going to shape up more by doing 300 minutes of non-walking toning such as light weights and calisthenics, subbing with tennis or swimming when possible. I'll still walk at least 10,000 steps a day. I WILL take an occasional rest day so my stupid leg doesn't get all, well you know...
  • sharondtd
    Options
    The 300 minutes is per week
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm in! As with last month, I want to exercise 40 minutes or more each and every day without missing any! That being said, so far I was below my goal one day already but at least with this goal in mind I will do better than if I had no challenge at all!

Wednesday is my weigh-in check day - I have released another pound since last Wednesday, so I am still moving in the right direction. And today I get to visit my doctor and crow about my most recent A1C results: 5.7, right on the border of normal (down from 6.9 in August and 6.0 in November). My fasting blood sugar was normal (80) and my cholesterol is down as well - and all this has been done without any medication. So I am looking forward to this meeting! ~ Kathy
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ker95texas wrote: »
    Participation is, of course, voluntary whipping.gif

LOL Love this!
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this, Ker. I am somewhat back to the living! Have been down with the crud. Back to work today, but still only half.

First, I had seen 147, but I ended at 147.5. that was my goal anyway, so I'll take it. I haven't logged for the past few days or exercised. Heck, I spent 3 1/2 days in bed, hardly even took a step. So, I'll start this challenge at 147.5 and I'm only going to expect 1/2 pound a week. So lets say, 145 will make me happy if I can get there. I am not going to push it too much right now. I'm going to wait for the weather to get better.

I will once again try for meditation 3 times a week (I did pretty good there) and strength training 2 times a week (Ker: I really need that little guy with the whip, please!)

I also will continue the Tai Chi one to two times a week. I think we will finish all the moves this week or next. It is amazing what it is doing for my balance! Since we started the movements with kicks, I can now slowly kick and hold my raised foot for quite some time.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    animated-dance-smiley-image-0003.gifI'm in!
    animated-eating-smiley-image-0023.gifI will log everything eaten every day!!!
    t31135.gifI will bike instead of drive

animated-computer-smiley-image-0031.gifI will "step back from the computer" and spend more time just moving!!

animated-thinking-smiley-image-0016.gif@ker95texas: Keep that whip handy as I'm sure it will be needed.

• sharondtd
    Options
    So glad you're improving, Charlie. As arduous as your job is, hoping you will build back up slowly.
  • Myrtbbk
    Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm joining in with my challenge. I will eat lunch, or something I'll call lunch, every day. I'm often out running errands and skip eating, then come dinner time, I'm ravenous and can easily overeat. It's too cold to leave a bottle of Ensure or Boost in my car, but I can make sure I carry a protein bar or individual packages of nuts or trail mix in my purse. I'll also have to remember to eat them.
  • lcdreams
    lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yes. i'll join challenge. i need motivation desperately. i will log all my food for a week! i always log 2 days and quit, have trouble logging a whole days worth of food. i also plan to go to the gym 3 times. this will be hard but i hope i can accomplish it.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I would like to focus on stretching and mobility exercises. They don't burn a lot of calories, but they keep the aches away.
  • LillianPag
    LillianPag Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am in. I have been doing well logging, but not doing well with exercise. So I will challenge myself to exercise at least 3 times a week for an hour.
  • redzz16
    redzz16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I want to exercise more this month. My goal is to walk at least 5 times a week. I'd like to stick with my eating plan more, and of course be lighter by the end of the month.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I am in!!
    I love challenges - keeps me going (well, at least sometimes LOL).

I will stay on the Paleo plan 100%
    I will log daily
    I will start walking again.
    I will shed pounds this month 4.5 will be my goal

Happy Days to each and everyone as we are challenged to go Onward and Downward!!
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I will continue to increase exercise and go slowly so as not to make my knee swell. I will find more ways to make my food interesting - for example New recipes & different foods, spices, etc. I will stay commuted to logging every bite and figuring out what I need to do to lose weight. I will stay focused!

Marie
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That was supposed to say committed- lol.
    - Marie
  • SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am in. Last mouth help me a lot TO DO WHAT HAD TO BE DONE. It keep me on track and I felt good. I will log all food . Keep up my walking [ hope my knee good to do the walking that's needed.] Most of all be down 3 to 4 lbs.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    M
    Not making a commitment to exercise is my biggest failing. Therefore I commit to going to the gym 3x per week.