Had a Roux En Y gastric bypass 3 weeks ago...

Options
mskimason
mskimason Posts: 3 Member
Hi! I just had the roux en y gastric bypass procedure done 3 weeks ago and would love to talk to others that had it done too. So far lost 10 in that time, slightly frustrated...anyone else?

Replies

• jl191
    jl191 Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had mine Feb 23, haven't lost a lb. But I am holding a lot of water..infact I gained a few lbs. I am on lasix now..so yea I understand the frustration.
  • jesswagspgh
    jesswagspgh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had surgery on 2/10. I lost a bunch at first but hAve stalled a bit
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi - I had my RNY on Feb. 19. I've lost 34 pounds overall, but a large portion of that was before the surgery from the liver reduction diet. From my surgery weight, I'm down 15, so not that much more than you. I think it has a lot to do with a lot of different factors, so don't be discouraged. My husband keeps reminding me to be patient, which is not my strong suit! Also, try to look at non scale victories, too. Looser clothes, thinner face, etc. You will rock this, don't worry! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Jen
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Going to have my RNY surgery on the 9th. I've heard that so many people have a "stall" somewhere around the 3rd week. Hang in there and stick with your program. It will start up again.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I had RNY last July. Down around 55 lbs now. You will have your share of stalls but no worries just keep doing what your supposed to listen to your Doc and trust that any "stall" is only temporary especially this early on.
    CONGRATULATIONS to all of you for changing your lives!
  • ibhavn
    ibhavn Posts: 1
    Options
    Had rny on Nov. 25. I've lost 51 pounds since then, 107 altogether. I was definitely frustrated at first, but my surgeon explained not to expect much initially due to all the iv fluids. The weight loss comes in spurts but your body will steadily lose inches even if pounds linger IF you exercise...any activity is better than nothing. I'm having heart problems now so am restricted from exercise and it's driving me nuts. Keep reaching out and never give up. For many of us this is the first major thing we've done for ourselves. Self care needs to be our habit rather than the exception.
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I had my RNY Gastric Bypass on 02/10/15 and the first two weeks I lost almost 15...and the following 2 weeks (weeks 3 & 4), I lost only 5 pounds. It's completely and totally normal. Trust me - I researched the heck out of it! Lol. We just gotta keep working and stay focused and rely on things other than the scale to remind us how well we are doing. I started back to work on Tuesday and I wore a dress I bought almost 2 years ago and never fit into - until now! Wooo-whoo!!! :-)
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had RNYGB 3 Nov 2014, down 96 lbs, off five medicines, follow the plan and it will work...it may just be on it's own schedule.
  • jesswagspgh
    jesswagspgh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Been struggling to eat recently. Not hungry...ever. I take a ton if vitamins but food is really tough.
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm right here with you. Had my RNY on 1-19-15, the weight came off during the first couple of weeks quickly. Not so much now. I have been in a stall on the scale for almost 5 weeks. In that time, I have only managed to lose about 3 pounds. It is so very frustrating! My surgeon wants me to increase my calories to 8-9 hundred a day, I'm doing better, but not there yet. Lucky if I get in 600 and for liquids, I am only at about 50 ounces a day. I have began exercising daily for the past 2 weeks, still no change on the scale, but my energy is definitely increased. I think it may be time to meet with my dietician, but then as everyone else has stated...it seems to be normal. Ugh, I need more patience!
  • idalooses
    idalooses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    <3 hi and congrats on your loss so far.. i had RNY on Feb 3rd this year and the first 10 days i lost 20lbs, then a major stall during week 3! very frustrating but i talked to lots folks on here and everybody was so encouraging and they said that it was pretty normal to stall out after having a big loss... i have lost only 6.5lbs since then but the inches are falling off fairly rapidly.... feels good to be able to fit into some jeans and shirts that I couldn't just a month ago! I am 5.5 weeks out, just gotta keep the course, do what my doctor and dietitian say and the weight will keep coming off..... you are welcome to friend me if you would like so we can keep up with what's going on along this journey.... (*)
  • taztec1000
    taztec1000 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had by-pass on 3/17/15 and I'm down 47 lbs already. I hit a plateau for the last week. I'm at 283 lbs now only 83 lbs to go until my goal weight.