After ankle surgery

Options
Hello all. I have been absent for a few months. I had ankle surgery in November and am still not very mobile. I put on a bunch of weight and now need to take it off again as well as the rest of the weight to my goal. I can't yet walk without a cane and have not been able to get back to the recumbent exercise bike. Very discouraging!

Replies

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Google chair workouts... No need to wait :) Keep up whatever muscles you can...
  • KCSF
    KCSF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey! I can empathize. I broke my foot in August and they finally did surgery in December. The incision didn't heal so have a open wound to deal with. I have been in a boot for 7 months and it really hampers my ability to workout. My doctor recommended free weights... Lots of them. The hardest part is to keep your diet exact because you're not burning extra calories. Best of luck! I hope you heal fast!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Could you walk or swim in a pool? Don't get discouraged. In the grand scheme of your life, this will be a small period as compared to the much longer time you will have to lose weight and exercise on your fixed ankle. It will get better.
  • thin2be2013
    thin2be2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Could you walk or swim in a pool? Don't get discouraged. In the grand scheme of your life, this will be a small period as compared to the much longer time you will have to lose weight and exercise on your fixed ankle. It will get better.

I agree.....take time to heal your ankle properly...be sure to get your protein in as that aids in healing.