Fats too low/Carbs too high?

Options
rageginger
rageginger Posts: 74 Member
Sooooo, IIFYM peeps - the website calculator has my fat macro at only 39 grams, and carbs at 202 grams. This seems pretty off to me. I'm currently at 141 lbs, 5'6", consuming at least 100g of protein per day, lifting 3x per week and walking 2+ miles 5x a week. It gave me a total of 1549 calories for a 15% deficit. I feel like carbs and fats are off - opinions?

Replies

• costleyma06
    costleyma06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are. You should be getting 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight, .4g of fat per pound of bodyweight, and the rest from carbs. If you need help calculating, use this calculator - http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • havafeed
    Options
    39g?!?! I'd kill someone if my fats were that low
  • Nayners21
    Nayners21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    rageginger wrote: »
    Sooooo, IIFYM peeps - the website calculator has my fat macro at only 39 grams, and carbs at 202 grams. This seems pretty off to me. I'm currently at 141 lbs, 5'6", consuming at least 100g of protein per day, lifting 3x per week and walking 2+ miles 5x a week. It gave me a total of 1549 calories for a 15% deficit. I feel like carbs and fats are off - opinions?

You can always adjust CARBS and FAT. I prefer FATS over CARBS so I adjust. I am 5'2 178lbs and my macros are 140P/140C/78F and that is on a 15% cut. I am eating 1828 calories a day. This is new for me, so I am hoping to see body changes. I just got to stay off the scale.
  • af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I altered my ratios to better match what I prefer to eat. I have carbs set at 40%, Fat and protein at 30% each.
  • Skyeziepyzie
    Options
    havafeed wrote: »
    39g?!?! I'd kill someone if my fats were that low
    mine are 44 and im really missing the amount of avo and pb i used to eat hhhaa

• Skyeziepyzie
    Options
    Nayners21 wrote: »
    rageginger wrote: »

You can always adjust CARBS and FAT. I prefer FATS over CARBS so I adjust. I am 5'2 178lbs and my macros are 140P/140C/78F and that is on a 15% cut. I am eating 1828 calories a day. This is new for me, so I am hoping to see body changes. I just got to stay off the scale.

omg i didnt know you could adjust carbs and fats? i would love more fats and a little less carbies haha. im at 300C 44F 111P on a bulk :) 2000 cals a day but im losing :( gahh

• rageginger
    rageginger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm lame and abandoned this thread after posting, but I'm glad to see I wasn't off on my suspicions. I'm now at 1680 cals, 140 p/140c/63f. I am struggling to hit that protein mark, but that's nothing new. :wink: