What kind of eating plan are you doing?

Options
lanniesue
lanniesue Posts: 16 Member
I had lap band surgery on December 3 and have had two fills. I have lost slowly so far, 15 pounds, which I am OK with. I want to know that I have to put effort into this to make it work. I have been logging everything I eat for about 3 weeks now, but really not sure what eating plan I am doing. My goal, which I have not been real successful with for two weeks due to being cooped in due to snow, is 1500 calories a day. I tried previously to concentrate on protein, but have sort of switched to more carbs since being stuck in so much due to the weather. Can you tell me what kind of plan you are using on MFP to track your nutrients? Is it carbs, if so how many? Is it calories, if so how many? etc. TIA

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Did you receive a diet plan from your surgeon? I would think that is your guide for eating. I am a RNY patient and know our requirements are not the same. I do know that high carbs aren't good for any of us WLS patients though. If higher protein foods are getting stuck, then your surgeon needs to be finding the fix. You will undermine your surgery if you continue to eat those foods. I hope you get the help you need. Best to you!
  • lanniesue
    lanniesue Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    He told me to concentrate on getting protein, at least 50 grams a day, stay away from soda, bread, rice, pasta, and straws. He said I don't need to count anything. I am just used to counting something and I feel like I need to be accountable to make sure I succeed. Unfortunately or fortunately, I have no problems with anything going down, except popcorn.
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You should talk to a nutritionist if your doc didn't give you a plan. In the meantime, I suggest counting protein.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    lanniesue wrote: »
    He told me to concentrate on getting protein, at least 50 grams a day, stay away from soda, bread, rice, pasta, and straws. He said I don't need to count anything. I am just used to counting something and I feel like I need to be accountable to make sure I succeed. Unfortunately or fortunately, I have no problems with anything going down, except popcorn.

Here you go the calculation for protein is weight times 0.3 = protein in milligrams

Randy
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I was Paleo before my surgery, I was really afraid that I would have to give that up because everything they wanted me to eat was sugar free and the shakes had milk products in them. Luckily my NUT is Paleo as well and helped give me tips and ideas on how to stay on track. I love her!!