Top 10 Bariatric Post-op Mistakes

Options
CEK0220
CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
A lady in my support group posted this. Thought you all might enjoy reading it, too.

http://www.bariatriceating.com/2015/03/02/top-10-bariatric-post-op-mistakes/

Replies

• cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Fantastic top ten and all very true!! I have not had any alcohol since last June! o:)
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow - great article. Thanks for sharing!
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I can't understand why some can't get the not drinking while eating. I developed this habit five years ago, after my sleeve. Now I really see why this is good. I can maintain satiety for a couple of hours after eating with the RNY pouch. I can see that if you wash the food out you will be hungry right away. Please, develop this habit. You will be glad you did. Its not punishment, this is proven to be what is best for us!
  • JudiMoving2
    JudiMoving2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Great article.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I can't understand why some can't get the not drinking while eating. I developed this habit five years ago, after my sleeve. Now I really see why this is good. I can maintain satiety for a couple of hours after eating with the RNY pouch. I can see that if you wash the food out you will be hungry right away. Please, develop this habit. You will be glad you did. Its not punishment, this is proven to be what is best for us!

Don't cha just love that look people give you when you decline a beverage and say I don't drink when I eat?? lol
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-q3cHs3npY&feature=youtu.be

This is my surgeon and without a doubt one of my all time favorite doctors I have had the pleasure of knowing!

He is always giving us such great advice preop & post op!
  • Jamielynn_77
    Jamielynn_77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this post. It was a great reminder for me of the things I still sometimes do out of old habits. Great great advice!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great article and oh so true!! Thanks for sharing. B)
  • CEK0220
    Options
    I am so glad you all have enjoyed this post. I need to keep this on hand for the near future and refer to it often.
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Very informative, thank you.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    I can definitely see why my mother and sister are considered to be WLS failures. They drink when they eat, drink diet cokes, eat too fast, and eat too much. My mother eats until vomiting every time we go to a restaurant. Plus neither of them take their vitamins! My mother's surgery was in the late 1980s and sister early 1990s, so educating patients wasn't priority. But they never followed up with the surgeon after their immediate post op visits either. I am a RN and it is hard for me to see patients being so non-compliant with their health, especially when it's family. I talk to them until I am blue in the face and it does no good. Oh well, cant worry about everything. Just please, don't be like them. The effects of no vitamins is showing on my mom too. She used to be six feet tall and now is 5'8". The osteoporosis, which she has known about for many years, is making her spine shrink, plus she is getting a hump on her upper back.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I can definitely see why my mother and sister are considered to be WLS failures. They drink when they eat, drink diet cokes, eat too fast, and eat too much. My mother eats until vomiting every time we go to a restaurant. Plus neither of them take their vitamins! My mother's surgery was in the late 1980s and sister early 1990s, so educating patients wasn't priority. But they never followed up with the surgeon after their immediate post op visits either. I am a RN and it is hard for me to see patients being so non-compliant with their health, especially when it's family. I talk to them until I am blue in the face and it does no good. Oh well, cant worry about everything. Just please, don't be like them. The effects of no vitamins is showing on my mom too. She used to be six feet tall and now is 5'8". The osteoporosis, which she has known about for many years, is making her spine shrink, plus she is getting a hump on her upper back.

It's hard being a nurse and watching people we care about, going down the rabbit hole. I feel your pain.

Randy
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Randy, it certainly is :# Appreciate your understanding!
  • CEK0220
    Options
    Wow Karlotta, that has to be so difficult. I am so sorry. {{{HUGS}}}
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the link to the article. I'm printing it and putting it on my refrigerator and next to my scales.
  • idalooses
    idalooses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    <3 what a wake up call for me!! thanks for sharing! Loveshoe, i'm printing it out too! (*)
  • CEK0220
    Options
    Great idea!