stuck at 13% BF for 3 months

Options
Hey all,

I'm 5'6, weigh in at about 168 lbs and I've been stuck since December at 13% body fat. I was doing a hardcore cardio routine to drop a lot of weight (was 215 lbs) and dropped down to 153. In that loss was a lot of muscle so I switched gears to gain muscle. Losing all the weight I was eating around 1600/cal a day, now I upped it to 2500/cal a day. I use a body media fit on my arm and on average it says I burn between 2900-3700 calories a day depending on my work load and exercise. Is it possible I'm still not eating enough? I stick to a 40/40/20 diet and still can't lose any fat around my mid section and my back. I do weights 4 days a week and cardio 3 days a week, one day being a straight cardio day. Any help would be greatly appreciated! My journal is open so feel free to criticize me and tell me what I should switch up! Thanks in advance.

Replies

• RickDube64
    RickDube64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you tried increasing your proteins and fats and decreasing carbs? You didn't say what kind of cardio you are doing, but your body will quickly adapt. You could try doing a cardio workout your body isn't used to.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    So my first thought on the matter is, you were eating 1600 calories a day (which is really low), so of course, you lost weight...but at some point you stalled. Your body eventually adapted to running on 1600 calories a day as you probably were doing this for a while. If you immediately jumped to eating 2500 calories a day, this was probably now past your new maintenance of your body and you put on weight much quicker as your body was primed for weight gain. If this describes you, what you should have done is slowly reverse upward to let your body re-adapt, so you can get to your "truer" maintenance, then very conservatively, subtract calories by 200 or so to get down lower. There is a group on these forums called Eat More to Weigh Less and your question might be better suited there. There is no macro manipulation that will fix your issue as weight loss and weight gain is purely a factor of carories in vs calories out.

You can also Google Layne Norton Reverse Dieting. Layne gets very deep with metabolic adaptation.