Hiya! New and wanting friends!

Options
Hello all! I'm a recovering vegetarian of five years, and a vegan for one. That way of eating didn't work for my body, so now I'm doing a modified primal, with hopes to be 100% one day. Currently it's no grains, legumes or sugar. I do include dairy to help me keep protein and fat up. Right now chicken, beef and pork are hard for me, but I'm adding in fish daily. Hopefully the other meats will be easier to stomach after I am used to including animal products again. I have an open diary and would love friends for some help with this, and diary's to spy on. Thank you all so very much!!

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome.... again. (I'm pretty sure you posted similarly on February 10th and then deleted your account shortly after which was a bit odd). There's a great bunch of helpful people here, and many of us have our diaries open and/or are more than happy to answer questions. :)

And if you venture into the main forums, don't take personally what others say. It's the internet and people think it gives them license to be incredibly nasty.
  • jordie1129
    Options
    I did make a previous account, but deleted it because I lost motivation. And then decided to come back.

Thanks for the tip about the main forum! I have found just by lurking that they can be sort of brutal.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    You can hang out here even when you lose motivation. That's what makes this lifestyle so much easier, as long as you eat healthy food most of the time, motivation won't matter a whole lot. Eating healthy food, as much as you need, is very sustainable. Plus there are lots of us who've "been there, did that" and might be able to offer advice or a different perspective. But, you do have to commit long term to get results.

You don't need dairy for protein and fat. But get the best quality dairy that you can. Raw, local is ideal. Later on, it would be useful to eliminate dairy for a month and add it back in. While wheat is worse for my health, the addictive properties of dairy have been a much bigger hurdle for me to overcome. And I was totally one of those people who claimed "the diary doesn't hurt me". I was justifying it and lying to myself. I won't live without it forever, but I won't lie to myself about it anymore either.
  • jordie1129
    Options
    Thank you so much for your tip! I don't think I'll end up deleting again, because just by reading the forums it's really an eye opener.

I'll totally try that! I do have a bit of a dairy addiction for sure, and do plan to cut it out eventually, but I'm trying the slow transition, but cutting out the big no no's first (dairy, grains, beans).
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    So glad your back jordie! You can do this!
  • PrimalRemedy
    PrimalRemedy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jordie! Whether or not you delete and come back is your business. We all have our personal reasons for what we do. I had a super rough year last year with a lot of health issues of my own and my husband suffering multiple strokes. At the end of the first year on MFP I decided to delete my account and start fresh, as looking back over my year just plain made me sad! It feels good to have a clean slate and fresh start. I wish you the best!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    I wasn't mentioning it to be rude btw... but I do have a tendency to blunt honesty. I love helping people, if I can, and if my advice is applicable, but it's a time investment too. ;)
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Apparently her account is deactivated again...
  • Akimajuktuq
    Options
    For goodness sakes. It takes more than a day or two to give something a real try and it just feels so disrespectful to do an intro, get welcomed... and then vanish immediately. That's why I said something... not to be mean, but hoping that she was invested just a bit this time. :'(
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    some people do stuff like joining fitness websites for attention. She didn't get the attention she wanted so she left again. That might be what happened. who knows, hopefully she find what she wants. :neutral_face:
  • PrimalRemedy
    PrimalRemedy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's a shame. I agree with Akimajuktuq. You need to give it some time. Hope she finds her answers!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yep, she deleted like the same day before too. Not someone you want to spend time trying to help.