March Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
The old list was getting very long. Time to start a fresh one. I think the idea of doing it monthly is a great one so I named this one for our new month, March.

I am grateful to start March off with a small loss again.

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Great idea.
  • jkjperez
    jkjperez Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am grateful that I stayed under 900 calories today
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting a new place to be grateful :)
    I'm grateful that it actually stopped raining for a while today, and we got a couple hours of sun before the fog set in. nature-003.gif
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for the support and friends with this group! I'm grateful to be able to GET HEALTHY. The ability to walk, move and exercise :) is a true blessing!
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for a wonderful family and the chance to visit with them!
  • sharondtd
    Options
    I am grateful to have a brain, and the brain to use it to eat healthily.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful that I have this group of loving supporting MFPals. I lost it for a bit last night. Details in the March chat. I am feeling better just having confessed over there. I am at a critical time in my weight loss Journey and I am grateful I have done the right thing and owned my Truth this morning.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for Grandchildren! :) And grateful that we get to have two of them spend the night.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful for my husband putting everything in perspective this AM. Not sure what I would do without him in my life.

I'm also grateful that it appears the connection between Fitbit.com and MFP is working so far this AM.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful that I decided to take my measurements, so I have something besides the scale to judge my progess. I found my old stats (10/13) and was pretty happy I had lost most places, my neck being the exception, it stayed the same :D Since I will be on the last 20 lbs, I know the scale will probably slow down. I think it is also time to dig out my next smaller size of jeans, current ones are feeling kinda baggie, finally. Also the 9news Health Fair will be in my town in April. The blood work you can get there is awesome and so much cheaper than anything you'll get done at the drs. office, so paying out of pocket is not a problem. I have gotten mine done there for years now and have a running record in my files. I am anxious to see how the numbers are this year with the last few months of good eating and exercising. The NSV are just as important to me as the number on the scale.

Make wonderful choices and get up and move everyone.
  • IndianaPapaw
    IndianaPapaw Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So grateful for so many things today! Scale registered 195 today. Finally 50 pounds lighter that when I started last May and 41 pounds of that loss since starting with MFP in September. I never could have imagined I would be anywhere near this weight again and be healthy. I want to encourage MFP'ers to keep on keeping on. I've had ups and downs along the way but have never gone more that 9 days without losing a pound. I'm so looking forward to spring's arrival and being able to start biking again. I want to see what it's like to ride at 50 pounds lighter. Have a great March everyone!
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    So grateful for so many things today! Scale registered 195 today. Finally 50 pounds lighter that when I started last May and 41 pounds of that loss since starting with MFP in September. I never could have imagined I would be anywhere near this weight again and be healthy. I want to encourage MFP'ers to keep on keeping on. I've had ups and downs along the way but have never gone more that 9 days without losing a pound. I'm so looking forward to spring's arrival and being able to start biking again. I want to see what it's like to ride at 50 pounds lighter. Have a great March everyone!

t9307.gift9304.gif
    ♪♩♫Happy 50-pounds lost to You, Happy 50-pounds lost to You, Happy 50-pounds lost dear IndianaPapaw, I'm so proud to have an MFP friend like you!!!!!! ♫ ♬♭
  • retirehappy
    Options

Congrats on all the hard work and the consistancy. Always love to hear about big drops like that. So many give up because of age, etc. You're an inspiration for fellow MFPers.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Grateful for the warmer temps this morning and they will be heading higher over the next few days. Hopefully Spring will be around for the next week or so. I like my DVDs but I love walking outdoors even if it is just in the neighborhood. No snow boots needed :smiley:
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Congratulations! You're in Onederland!
  • Myrtbbk
    Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Probably TMI medical stuff, but I'm grateful for my weight loss. I saw my surgeon earlier this week and he's pleased, too. He wants me to lose more before doing my colon resection. I had to have major surgery the end of Oct. because of peritonitis and want it put back together, soon. I'm also grateful that my lymphoma is still in remission. Needless to say, it's been an interesting few years for me.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    @myrtbbk here's my long-distance hope your next year is less interesting and give you a round of applause for persevering.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    I am grateful today for my health, seems like a lot of people are dealing with much worse issues than fat, thus my new profile pic. I am also very grateful that I will be able to walk outside today with lots of sunshine. No rec classes due to a conference being held there it seems and I was concerned about getting my steps in without my classes, but it is all good.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am grateful to be off my one month treatment with Lyrica. Now I hope the side effects gradually taper off.
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a long time friend of 38 years. She lives in Fl. now. We had a nice conversation today. Myrtbbk, I had my colon re-sectioned in 1999. I went to bed feeling fine, woke up trying to turn over and had a sever pain in my gut. Turned out my colon perforated. I had a colostomy for five months, then the re-sectioning. I have been fine ever since. A friend just had it done in the fall. Hers was scheduled as yours is, she did not have to have a colostomy. Hope all goes well for you.