OMG Bloat?!

Options
karirenae
karirenae Posts: 106 Member
ok, so today I've hardly had anything to eat! I ate a few coconut sugar free Russell stovers chocolate and a small salad with a tablespoon of ranch. I could BARELY get my jeans and I was even down a pound this morning. I don't think I've ever had this issue since starting the LC woe. I'm HOPING it's not a weight gain? Silly because I've not ate near the calories or carbs to gain! This happen to anyone else? And ladies no, not my TOM

Replies

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Have you been drinking plenty of water? What did you eat yesterday? A lot of times sodium will hit me the next day.
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Just a thought in addition to sugarbeat's ideas (definitely water and sodium and first possible culprits)....but did the sugar free candies have sucralose or other sugar alcohol? bloats me....
  • karirenae
    karirenae Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just a thought in addition to sugarbeat's ideas (definitely water and sodium and first possible culprits)....but did the sugar free candies have sucralose or other sugar alcohol? bloats me....

Yes! They had almost the full amount of sugar alcohol as the amount of carbs! It's weird though because I eat the sugar free mint parties throughout the week and don't notice anything. "Sigh" I guess I'm just worried about every little thing turning into a gain.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Do you usually have some caffeinated stuff (coffee or tea?) and not have any or much less? I bloat if I go off coffee.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Normally get "bloat" just after the weekend due to indulging in my pork rinds at night. Usually gain 2-5lbs on Monday but its only water retention so its usually flushed by mid week.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't think what you ate today has anything to do with it. Not sure what it is since you are down a pound. Are you exercising heavily?
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Yes. I lost size in the first 2 days and then puffed up again for about 5 days before it disappeared again. Can't tell you why but it certainly happened. (I've never touched sweeteners of any description so for me that wasn't the reason.)