How to survive clear liquid day?

Options
CEK0220
CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
Tomorrow is the day before I go for surgery and I am to be on clear liquids only. How did you survive that day? I'm afraid I'm gonna be terribly hungry. I've done good on my liquid diet, but tomorrow I am worried about since I won't be able to have my protein shakes.

Replies

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I didn't think it was as bad as I had thought it would be, lots of popsicles, jello and broth, it'll be over before you know it! :) I hope all goes well with your surgery and recovery!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Even the water can will give you a sense of fullness. I found it was O.K., focus on following your doctors plan, and trust that the plan will work for you. Everyone has a slightly different experience but the vast majority of us who have been through it are very glad that we did. If you experience something that concerns you don't hesitate to call your doctors office and check in with these boards. I had a few anxious moments but all I really needed was reassurance.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    You will not be hungry. It's a very odd sensation at first. You look at you tiny 2oz cup of broth thinking, omg there is no way. Then after 3 tiny spoon fulls you feel like you just at a full blown thanksgiving dinner. I kid you not!! Eat SLOW!!!
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone CEK, the liquid day isn't as bad as you might think. I liked the sugar free Popsicles and jello because I felt like I was actually eating something. I'm sending good thoughts your way!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Popsicles! I ate so many of those in the liquid stage. I really liked the tropical flavored ones.
  • charlenejl
    Options
    march 11 is my day of surgery I was told i need to drink 5 boost a day and zero calories for 3 weeks im almost there 3 days to go. I cant believe i did it.
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Charlene - good for you! You rock!
  • CEK0220
    Options
    OMG Charlene! You're awesome! Good luck on your surgery. About the time you go in I will be headed home from the hospital. What procedure are you having?

And thanks everyone for your encouragement. I think cabennett99 is right, just needed a little reassurance.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your surgery tomorrow and let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it! Exciting for you!

Charlene too, good luck with your upcoming surgery. Keep us posted on progress!
  • CEK0220
    Options
    I sure will Karlotta! Thank you!
  • Laurac727
    Laurac727 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    wow look at all of you encouragement at its finest!! I love it. I start my preop tomorrow and surgery is 23rd so watching and reading this is helping me too. Good luck to all of you ahead of me!!!!!!!!!!!! you rock and keep posting please it sure does help those of us right behind you
  • sour_sweetb
    Options
    Hi, I had my VSG 3/2/15 still in phase one. I feel as though I'm doing well with anything.(water, meal replacement shake, )had no idea about these support groups (just added MFP) HELP
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hey sour, what do you need help with?