New - VSG on March 11th

Options
cinnleigh
cinnleigh Posts: 3 Member
Hey all. Cinnamon from the west coast here. I'm scheduled for my VSG in Tijuana on March 11th with Dr. Cabrera. I'm a little nervous.

Okay, I'm a lot nervous. Who isn't? ;D

Looking for advice, support, and just generally a group of like-minded folk.

Replies

• Maria544
    Maria544 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My bypass was scheduled for April 28 and yesterday I got a call from the Dr's Office it has been moved up to March 24. So I'm right there with you about being nervous!
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    cinnleigh wrote: »
    Hey all. Cinnamon from the west coast here. I'm scheduled for my VSG in Tijuana on March 11th with Dr. Cabrera. I'm a little nervous.

Okay, I'm a lot nervous. Who isn't? ;D

Looking for advice, support, and just generally a group of like-minded folk.

There is an other person on this list that had surgery in Mexico she lives in Washington state.
    It's normal to be nervous also, you are having surgery out of the country, reason to be nervous. You won't be having a full team like I have NUT, psychologist, physical therapy, and Dr follow up.
    What you have found is a great support group here with us.

Randy RN (registered nurse)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It is normal to be nervous before any medical procedure. Best to you. You will be post op before you know it!
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have my RNY tomorrow. So, yeah, quite nervous. But I know that is normal and the folks here have been incredibly helpful with calming the nerves and giving some great advice. Good luck to you & praying for a speedy recovery.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group and I hope your surgery goes well and you have a good recovery! :)
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you both you're going to do great!! Just remember to get up as much as you can and walk!