Season 5 - Episode 13 - "Forget" - 03/08/15

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
This thread serves as a place to discuss speculation, and then reaction to the 03/08/15 episode.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO NOT DISCUSS COMIC BOOK SPOILERS IN EPISODE/SEASON THREADS

AMC Sneak Peek:
amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-513-the-walking-dead-forget

YouTube Preview:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=rv4H8cWZsTU

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ha, Carol. I love her.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    So many questions!!

Loving Carol - I feel like she's going to end up saving all their butts yet again, she's the only one who appears to not be going soft. Not even for kids! LOL :wtf:

I didn't get the ending - why did Rick run to the wall? And what's up with the A stamp?

The W on the walker's forehead - brings me back to the "wolves" graffiti in Noah's neighborhood, and the comic book Carl found. And Rick Rick Rick - I know it's been awhile but come on!! Don't be an idiot with that chick! Daryl's table manners were hilarious. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But didn't expect him to crack so easily over the offer of the motorcycle.

Can't believe we're down to three episodes in this season - things are too calm, expecting the next eps to be heart-pounding. Looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time!. And not looking forward to another long summer while we wait for the new season.

Ah the pain of waiting for weekly episodes after binge-watching seasons 1-4 over a few weeks. Torture!

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Poor Buttons!

What was up with Rick going for his gun when he saw Jessie with her husband? It seemed like it was a reflexive action.

Sasha seems to have PTSD worse than the rest of them, but then I guess her biggest losses are fresher.

Carol can be scary even with just words. :D

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    The 'A' thing is bugging me - wasn't that the same red 'A' from Terminus??
    -
    Noted that I did not see Eugene at the party or anywhere in this episode or last - what is he up to?

Carol...ahahahaha I love her. So smart to remember that they have a lot of applesauce. So scary talking to Sam.

Also love Darryl and Aaron's budding bromance. It's good to see Darryl meet a nice person and accept a new friendship.

I'm ambivalent about Rick - one of my favorite Rick moments is when they're escaping Terminus and he shoots this whole group of them in the back. But then to see him consider shooting that guy in the back in total cold blood...I do see the parallel but it's such a huge jump IMO. I'd like to see him act evil without acting crazy, instead of just falling back on the nutty thing.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    soaps54 wrote: »
    Ha, Carol. I love her.

From best baby sitter to scariest!!!

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    With the A thing. I too thought of Terminus and the marking of the church. My son just said, "Duh - Alexandria." Sorry, things have been too quiet for it to be just for Alexandria.

I'm also guessing Wolves for the marked forehead of the walker. The preview does seem to indicate the next three weeks are going to erupt.

Did anybody else notice the party flashes Sasha had of her early season departed brother? She is on the borderline of losing it, but her targeting is right on! Speaking of Sasha and targeting. What is up with this place NOT having someone in the tower and walking rounds on that wall? I didn't understand Deanna's refusal without making Sasha attend the social gathering. I guess force everyone to suffer the cocktail party together.

How could this group really still exist with just that wall and the social restrictions they have in place?

Looks like a fun time the next few episodes.

• AnaNotBanana
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Speaking of Easter Eggs did anyone noticed that the name of the street where Rick was standing at the end was called "Morgan." I hope that means he'll be coming back soon.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Poor Buttons!

I think that Buttons was just a metaphor for Daryl. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I think we might lose Daryl at the end of this season. Although I'm really digging his bromance with Aaron. I'm glad that he's somewhat making an effort.

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Didn't Norman Reedus say in some recent interview to get the tissues ready for the finale? I hope it's not his character who dies, but perhaps that's what he meant.

I thought the "A" on the hand was some cute kid thing denoting "Alexandria". I didn't think it meant anything more than that. They'd know who lives there, so they don't need a stamp on the hand like at concerts or carnivals.
    dward59 wrote: »

What is up with this place NOT having someone in the tower and walking rounds on that wall? I didn't understand Deanna's refusal without making Sasha attend the social gathering. I guess force everyone to suffer the cocktail party together.

How could this group really still exist with just that wall and the social restrictions they have in place?

Looks like a fun time the next few episodes.

I think Deanna figured that was her only leverage to get Sasha to the party. The lack of someone in that tower is another sign of how sheltered they are. To be fair, I thought Rick given his law enforcement background was very lax at the prison. They should have had patrols every hour there. Maybe they would have caught that crazy girl Lizzie feeding rats to the walkers thereby gathering a whole bunch of them against the chain link fence which eventually led to its demise. The prison towers needed to be manned by people not having sex in them (I'm looking at you Glenn and Maggie). I think now Rick gets it and earlier even he didn't seem all that interested in perimeter defense.

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Speaking of Easter Eggs did anyone noticed that the name of the street where Rick was standing at the end was called "Morgan." I hope that means he'll be coming back soon.
    Good catch, I had not noticed that!

Meanwhile, save this one. :smiling_imp:
    The-Walking-Dead-Carol-Lots-of-Cookies-Recipe-400-3.gif

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I agree that it was out of character for Rick, but it happened when he softened up and got comfortable, having had a couple of drinks. Perhaps the awkwardness/regret will be the wake-up call he needs that he needs to stay on his guard, so to speak.