Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

100 pounds to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• jrbolinski
    jrbolinski Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started adding my exercise back in. I did 20 minutes of the stationary bike yesterday & it felt great to get moving again. I have several health issues that I deal with but I'll manage. My plan is to be fit by 41 :wink:
  • Ijustdecided
    Ijustdecided Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting back on the bike. I am trying to do a few walks each week and a little cross trainer (just a little cos it kills me) .

B-) let's keep plugging away x
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    jrbolinski wrote: »
    Today, I introduced exercise back into my life & it felt wonderful! I'm sure tomorrow my body will feel different lol :smiley:

So how did you feel the next day lol. It's a good hurt though :)
  • jrbolinski
    Options
    I definitely felt a little sore in my thighs the next day after using the bike, but it was a good pain :smile: I am going to start the free weights next week & some ab work. I have an elliptical but I can never do more than 5 minutes. my goal is to accomplish that elliptical. anyone else use that machine? @Ijustdecided- let's keep plugging!!
  • jrbolinski
    Options
    Was suppose to be a rest day, but I did a little calisthenics. every little bit counts :smile:
  • Ijustdecided
    Ijustdecided Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Nice work x B)
  • jrbolinski
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing great! I didn't lose this week, but I didn't let it get to me. in the past I would of thrown in the towel. Lets keep trucking along!
  • GlitzyKismet
    GlitzyKismet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 43 and have a bit over a hundred pounds to go. I've lost and gained more times than I can count, but all the times I've lost, I was using MFP, so here I am! Though I've used this app on and off for quite a long time, I've never really explored the social aspect of it. I think it would really help me if I can make a support network of people who are actively working towards similar goals. I'd really like to make some new MFP friends...please add me! :smile:
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm on pound 17 of 100, always love new friends.
  • GlitzyKismet
    GlitzyKismet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sent you a request!
  • aaronsdiva
    aaronsdiva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am somewhat new to MFP, but i know this will help me. A coworker of mine lost 80 lbs in one year. I have just under 100 to lose, and become healthier. I just recently found out i am in menopause and i am only 45 yrs old! My dr says to start eating right and exercising, as it will help keep the symptoms to a minimum. So i am jumping in! Anyone need extra friends for support, i am here to help and would welcome the help back!! Thanks all ad good luck, we can do this!
  • jrbolinski
    Options
    Sorry haven't been on family sick with the flu & I've been playing nurse. I love new friends too@ the more support the better. I am down 17 pounds since February 4. This app is extremely helpful!!!
  • Brandi92116
    Brandi92116 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have more than 100 to lose. I am not unhappy being overweight. I just have a niece that I want to be around for in the future.

Me too. I have accepted my look. I am accepted at work, loved at home, and happy. I have 3 nieces I want to model healthy living for and spend many, many years with.
  • momthenurse
    momthenurse Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do! I'm a returning MFP user. Over the last year my weight has crept back up and I'm now the heaviest I have ever been. This was evident on my last plane trip when I wasn't able to buckle my seatbelt. That pretty much jarred me into making a commitment to get back in control. I'm 45 years old, 5'11" and 279lbs :-( I need all the support and motivation I get.
    jrbolinski wrote: »
    Does anyone have 100 pounds to lose? I'm 40 years old, a wife, mother of 2 boys ages 14 & 10 and I have 100 pounds to lose for me & my guys! looking for support and to help support others. I lost 40 pounds 4 years ago just to gain 80 pounds back! I'm ready to win this battle.

• deberz
    deberz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @momthenurse - we sound very similar. I would like to lose over 100 pounds as well. I'm 46 years old, 5'9" and 278 lbs. I am going to Disneyland in December and need to be able to keep up with my very energetic 7-year old son, so need to lose a good part of that before then! I have tried and succeeded in the past, only to gain everything back. It is getting harder and harder, so I need all the support and motivation I can get. Accepting friend requests! :smile: