March Morning Coffee and Gratitude List

Options

Replies

• Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I am very grateful for my scale today. I finally hit a new "decade". A loss of 42.6 from my heaviest.
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am very grateful for the support of my family, I am grateful for my ability to walk without painful knees!! That must mean that I have gained strength ! YAY
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Rebamae wrote: »
    I am very grateful for my scale today. I finally hit a new "decade". A loss of 42.6 from my heaviest.

Congrats Reba. The decade markers are hard to surmount.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm uplifted to read all the progress everyone is making, whether it's a new "decade," a "half-century" mark, or just staying the course in spite of a momentary lapse.

I'm also so grateful to have had the best visit with my doctor this past week! He came in all smiles after my recent excellent A1C and normal fasting blood sugar reports. He said I was the "poster child for what all my patients should be doing" - ! Very gratifying to hear that. Now I'm looking at the next 6-month stretch to see how close to my goal weight I can get in that time.

One thing that has been worrying me is, in the past two months or so my hair has been falling out at an alarming rate. I wonder if any of you have had that experience? My doctor assured me this is a temporary reaction to the shock of losing so much weight in such a short time, and he said it would grow back within about six months. I appreciated that reassurance and I hope it is true!!

Thanks to each and every one of you who provide such wonderful support and encouragement along the journey. ~ Kathy

73739389.png
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my coworkers that cared enough to call and make sure I was OK this morning when I was late for work. And also grateful for the opportunity to spend time with two grandkids this afternoon going to eat and going to the show. And for making good choices last night and tonight for dinner.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my coworkers that cared enough to call and make sure I was OK this morning when I was late for work.

Wow Joni, that is great - they must be special people. ~ Kathy

• DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Grateful for coffee!! For some reason, after months of sleeping problems, I had a night of sleeping really HARD, so the coffee is especially delicious this morning.

MX grats on the blood work. That truly is as uplifting as a change on the scales. I have not had any done in way too long but will soon have a LOT done since I have this surgery scheduled for 4/9. My MD pointed out that I can be pretty sure I will lose weight as a side effect of a tonsilectomy!!! Rough way to go about doing it though!

Also grateful that after all the cold weather we are supposed to have a day in the low 70s today. Unfortunately in FL, we go from a little cold to a LOT of hot. But I sure cannot complain when I look at what everyone has endured with this never ending winter!
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful to be able to walk from the parking lot to work without fear of black ice or ice. I didn't have to pay to park in the parking lot which saves me $!!!Rah!
  • Myrtbbk
    Myrtbbk Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sharonltd, thanks, a less interesting year would be good, for a change.
    Learntolive, thanks for the encouragement. There are times I really get down about it, but knowing others have been through it and are doing fine is helpful.
    Today I'm grateful that it seems spring is here! Temps in the 40's and I checked a couple of flower beds that aren't buried in snow, and there are little green things popping up!
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Good Day to each of you!! B)

I am very thankful that we are getting our upstairs bathroom redone. It has needed it for quite a while, so am glad it is moving right along.

I am also thankful for the sun shining and the temps are to be in the 60's - 70's all week! Yea :D

I hope your is a marvelous Monday!
    Reba
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Thankful for the sunshine and warmer temps!!!!!! Heading over to the Botanical Gardens to see what is starting to peek up against the snow. Love going there this time of year, have the place to ourselves most days.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Kathy, my hair is thinning, too, and it's my only good physical attribute. I commented about Rogaine to my hairdresser, and she said try biotin. I just might. Hoping yours thickens back up!
    I'm grateful for new friends met playing bridge.
  • mxchana
    Options
    Thanks, Sharon, I'm going to order a biotin supplement - I read about that and iron as among the important nutrients to boost.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Grateful for warmer weather, too. Was able to get out and take a very "sloppy" walk yesterday! My sneakers may never dry out!

56604121.png
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    First I have to say I am grateful for mfp and for this group! I happened to notice yesterday that I joined this group one year ago as of this month! Not many of you here that were here back then! I know retirehappy was, and not sure who else. I also know that MANY of us join, get distracted by life or fall off the wagon and return later. One of the things that I love about this group is that I have seen so many start and die, but this group just keeps hanging in there!

I am grateful for the way mfp handles their food component, particularly the ability to import recipes! I had 3 bananas that were getting ripe this morning and I decided to make banana bread. A quick trip through recipes and a little importing convinced me that maybe some muffins from a cooking light recipe would be a better idea. I am a big fan of individual portions, they are a great reminder of just how big a portion size really is! I have even started buying ice cream in half cup containers, dh and I both need that little reminder on a regular basis lol

• DreamOn145
    Options
    Before leaving the computer I am going to add one more thing. My dh came home not long ago after being called out by work at 1 am. It is now 11 am. One of my closest friend just texted me and told me her diet this week is completely blown because work has made her life hell since Monday. So I gotta say, I do truly LOVE being retired!!!! I know many of us are in here and others are closing in on it, so to those who are getting there I can only say, omg its just so worth it lol
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Happy Wonderful Wednesday to each of you!! B)
    I am grateful that I found the Paleo/Primal lifestyle. I am doing so much better as far as the SM is concerned!

I hope each of you have a great day! Talk later

megabounce.gif
  • mxchana
    Options
    I see the animation is working for you, Reba! :D However... see the note re: how they may not be safe for our computers. I am trying to find a way to have animation without downloading viruses etc... will share it I find it! ~Kathy
  • retirehappy
    edited March 2015
    Options
    mxchana wrote: »
    I see the animation is working for you, Reba! :D However... see the note re: how they may not be safe for our computers. I am trying to find a way to have animation without downloading viruses etc... will share it I find it! ~Kathy

Kathy, it is just that site that I felt uncomfortable about because of my browser warning about the certificates and the fact it is a China website. There are many others that are safe. They maybe perfectly fine, I was just not willing to risk it. I've had to clean up too many virus issues in my past working life.

If using Chrome, there are some fun ones that are provided by Google. I just prefer Firefox to Chrome, so I don't use it.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Thanks, Kathy. I do enjoy using them - but I agree, I do not want a virus!

17955150.png